First AAR Madflava v. AI

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
madflava13

RE: Back in Action

Post by madflava13 »

Here's the 9th successfully pulling the AI's fighters away from the main action, the raid by the 8th to the UFAC site. That raid is set to go in about 1 hour after the 9th hit, so the LW is either low on fuel, or stuck on the ground refueling.

Attachments
capture_00..2_133136.jpg
capture_00..2_133136.jpg (227.37 KiB) Viewed 275 times
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

And finally, the day's results. The UFAC site was barely touched, despite the large raid - the weather was clear and LW interception minimal, thanks to the successful 9th decoy raid. My guess is a combination of low skill (low-60s) in the pathfinder unit leading, as well as the high altitude (28,000+) that I used to avoid heavy flak damage. It was enough to knock mandatory targetting off for the next few turns, but I'll probably have to revisit this site again.

Attachments
capture_00..2_134527.jpg
capture_00..2_134527.jpg (146.21 KiB) Viewed 275 times
"The Paraguayan Air Force's request for spraying subsidies was not as Paraguayan as it were..."
madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

Is there anything anyone wants to see in particular? BC hasn't been up for a few days because of moon conditions, but I'll probably have some raids soon enough. Anything the peanut gallery wants?
Dobey455

Post by Dobey455 »

Speaking of BC, can you tell us a bit more about how you are trying to use them?
At the start of the AAR you talk abot trying to target industries with the night raids. How successful has that been?

madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

ORIGINAL: Dobey

Speaking of BC, can you tell us a bit more about how you are trying to use them?
At the start of the AAR you talk abot trying to target industries with the night raids. How successful has that been?

Dobey,
Using the Oboe equipped Mosquitos in range of the Oboe transmitters (ie the Ruhr) has been successful, although their bomb loads aren't sufficient to really do major damage. I've also had success using No. 617 Sqaudron (Dambusters) and their heavy bombs. I use them sparingly though, as they are really a top notch unit and I'd hate to whittle them down too much.

Otherwise I try to use "creepback" when planning my BC raids to hit at least one big industry. Next time I get BC up, I'll take some screenshots to demonstrate.
Oliver Heindorf

Post by Oliver Heindorf »

Hey, thank you for the detailed insights ! [:)] I'll thought, I was doing bad but I am like you in mid-Oktober 43 and my industry damage done is 13 and AS is 2 and Terror is 10.

If you kindly would post a scrennshot from the List you get when you click on "List Targets" as this important screen gives you an idea which industry is in which condition.

Remember, it is utter important to bring down the critical industries below 500 to have an impact on the enemy industry. How far have you gone by this ? thank you !
madflava13

Post by madflava13 »

Here's the target list... Been really busy at work. Hoping to get some more posts up in the next few days.

Attachments
capture_00..2_103431.jpg
capture_00..2_103431.jpg (163.5 KiB) Viewed 275 times
cohimbra

Post by cohimbra »

You bombed my town (Livorno)!!! I heard rumblings tonight, now I know why...

Return to “After Action Reports”