Suggestions for future patches

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

StoneAge

Re: RE: Suggestions for future patches

Post by StoneAge »

I like this idea from TS
TechSgt wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:34 pm I play as the BtR Allied, this could also pertain to Germans in BoB.

1) Ability to save approximately 10 missions or raid groups. Then I could plug them in again on future days.

TS
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

StoneAge wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:48 am I like this idea from TS
TechSgt wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:34 pm I play as the BtR Allied, this could also pertain to Germans in BoB.

1) Ability to save approximately 10 missions or raid groups. Then I could plug them in again on future days.

TS
So, save what - the Waypoints from formup to target and back like the "follow" command except you could also select from a list of saved waypoint paths? That's doable. and it would be helpful.
simovitch

anthonykevinluke

Re: Suggestions for future patches - Ways to Improve Allied AI

Post by anthonykevinluke »

Hi,

Been playing BTR since its release in Australia in about 2000? I mostly like playing the long campaign as Axis so I can develop new acft before their historical time line, but alas the game rarely goes that long before AI suffers auto defeat. So, how to make it more survivable .... ? I have no idea if these thoughts are doable but here goes:

. If playing Axis vs AI drop the point score to 1 point per month rather than 2.
. Change targeting priority of the Tiffy's, Mossies, 2e Tacs etc to Railroads, ports, and oil storage rather than radars and aflds which are a total waste of time. I can happily let the AI destroy every radar in range with no effect on my game play. If the AI tgts the sites mentioned above (as the human player always does) then it will have far more points to stave off auto loss.
. give the AI another 1,000 B17f at start. I am once again, with the latest patch, at end of Oct 1943 and the AI can barely field 50-75 strong B17 raids as I have killed over 1000 B17f/g and B24. This also includes not even attacking the raids for a week now trying to let them build up.

Just some thoughts and happy for any comment. Please note that I am eternally grateful for those that have kept working on this gem of a game.

Cheers,

AKL
StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

simovitch wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:03 am
StoneAge wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:48 am I like this idea from TS

TS
So, save what - the Waypoints from formup to target and back like the "follow" command except you could also select from a list of saved waypoint paths? That's doable. and it would be helpful.
yes like the follow command. that can be access on every turn of a 700 turn campaign

Part two would be to save "Raid Groups".
I tend to create raids using only the one group e.g. 8th air force bomb group 1 flies one day, next day 8th air force bomb group 3 flies while the other rests. I fly all Lancaster's together, Stirling together and Halifax's on different days.

I know it would be a major change. You would need to pick the "Raid Group" first, then remove squadrons you don't want to fly, then pick lead group. The reverse of what happens now
Johntxic

Re: Suggestions for future patches

Post by Johntxic »

What Stoneage said, please.
The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
simovitch

Re: Suggestions for future patches - Ways to Improve Allied AI

Post by simovitch »

anthonykevinluke wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:56 am If playing Axis vs AI drop the point score to 1 point per month rather than 2.
How about at the end of any month where the Axis is playing the AI and has achieved a sudden death victory, the Axis player has the choice to waive the victory and move on (knowing he may never get the chance again)?
simovitch

mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

This would be an option I would go for. As the Axis you know you have 'won' but you want to see what those new types can do as well later in the war as you have put so much effort into them.
StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

Another one I just thought of for the Auto Missions page is a button to recon all last nights bombing mission targets
Johntxic

Post by Johntxic »

What Stoneage said, please - takes away another little chore when playing.
The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

How about an easy way to make this game work on a windows 10 machine?
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

I believe that would require completely rebuilding the game based on a post-Windows 10 directX platform. This would likely also require modifications to the code that would allow it to be compiled by a later version of MS Visual Studio than 2010. No easy task and something I am unable to do with my current free time and skill-set.

If someone comes forward with a willingness to try, they are welcome to interview with our current team.
simovitch

StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

Is there a way to write all the on screen messages to a text file. That we could open at the end of a turn go back and look at all the messages.

As at the moment I see the message for a new squadron arriving but normally miss the location they arrive at, then spend time looking for where they are based
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

That is something we are looking at implementing in the near future. Ideally tied to a graphic of the map that jumps to the x,y coordinate of the event.
simovitch

StoneAge

Post by StoneAge »

I am happy with a quick and dirty txt file with all the messages one after the other on separate lines.

The messages I really what to be able to check are
New units
Ground unit moves
Other special messages shown after or before start of turn.
Orffen

Post by Orffen »

I'd love to see widescreen support added like War in the Pacific did - just the ability to scale the window or fullscreen.

I realise the interfaces are different, but I personally wouldn't mind blank space in the UI for a full screen view of the map.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”