Gary Grigsby’s Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich - Update v1.06.70

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, simovitch, harley, warshipbuilder

MaximKI

Gary Grigsby’s Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich - Update v1.06.70

Post by MaximKI »

Hello everyone,

Today we are glad to announce a new update for the game. You can download it from the 'File Downloads" section of your registered game in your My Page tab on the Matrix website or by clicking this link: HERE

Here is the changelog:

v1.06.70– May 31, 2023
Note: version 1.06.70 will allow you to continue with any saved games you started with 1.06.66. It is recommended that you complete the reaction phase of your current 1.06.66 game before loading it with 1.06.70.
Changes & Fixes:
• Fixed a bug that was triggering the bombing of the secondary target before leaving the primary target area.
• Fixed a bug where heavy balloon barrages (el. 8000’) were being treated as being at the same elevation as regular balloon barrages (el. 5000’). If both types are at the target, the most numerous type will be engaged if otherwise possible.
• Made a significant fix to the Allied AI for 8th Air Force target selection in 1943 and beyond, and Axis player should be hard-pressed now to get a sudden death victory.
• Made several minor enhancements to the UI including some menu glitch-fixing.
• Fixed the aircraft radar ranges for both in-game and e-warfare manual.
Orm

Re: Gary Grigsby’s Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich - Update v1.06.70

Post by Orm »

Thank you. Much appreciated.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

Nothing like a new update to get you"dusting off the cob-webs" and playing an old favorite!
Glenn Beasley

Post by Glenn Beasley »

Thank you
bootlegger267

Post by bootlegger267 »

Was there a change made to the "Auto Plan" function? Before the update, I had the 2nd Tac AF conducting Auto Planned Primary Airfield missions. After the update, I always get the "Does not have the Resources" message. Yet when I look at the OB, there are plenty of aircraft available...

I like the Auto Plan feature as you don't have to micro manage every aspect of the air war.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

bootlegger267 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:18 pm Was there a change made to the "Auto Plan" function? Before the update, I had the 2nd Tac AF conducting Auto Planned Primary Airfield missions. After the update, I always get the "Does not have the Resources" message. Yet when I look at the OB, there are plenty of aircraft available...

I like the Auto Plan feature as you don't have to micro manage every aspect of the air war.
Nothing was changed, and I'm able to launch lot's of auto recons, etc.. What is the current date of your scenario? how are the max range, weather, and morale settings for 2TAF?
simovitch

bootlegger267

Post by bootlegger267 »

I caught what I was doing wrong based on your questions. Thanks!
markvacc1

Post by markvacc1 »

I no longer have it fit screen. It is a small 4" x 4" square. Very unplayable. It used to fit screen. Any ideas on how to fix it?
'
'
'
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Try: Options -> make sure "Use Windowed Mode" is turned off.

If you turn this off, you may need run "DxWnd" to get the best performance with full screen.
simovitch

MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Thanks!
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
Glenn Beasley

Post by Glenn Beasley »

Thanks.I appreciate the updates.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

FYI ran quite well. No obvious problems.
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
Wijter

Post by Wijter »

I have encounter a problem when I try to move AA guns from or to troops. When I am in the menue to move AA guns (shortcut G) and do a doubleclick on the unit icon, I do get the logistic information, but no menue to move AA guns.
All other industries do work fine.

Cheers, Wijter
mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

Hi.
At the end of 2020 a bug was discovered with the slots for ground troop AA. This was fixed but the ability for the player to add/remove AA to ground units is no longer available.
Mark.
simovitch

Post by simovitch »

Yes as Mark says, and it was messing with the land combat game balance a bit too much. The ground units will replenish with AA automatically up to a set limit if they have a good supply line back to Germany. They draw from the same AA pools as the locations do, so make sure you keep some available for the troops.
simovitch

Wijter

Post by Wijter »

Thank you, I never noticed this while playing.

I found some glitches in the data. They do not break the game, but they are in the OOB.
Bombing the Reich, 1943 full campaign

Bf 109 K-6 had MG151/20 Gondola weapons
Ju88 C-6a had an forward facing composition of 3x MG 17 and 1x MG 151/20, others are fine (delete 2x MG 151/20 in F mount)
Me 410 (all models) 2xMG131/13 in R mount, not TR

Bf 109 G-6U4 -> This Nightfighter should use a MK108 Motorkanone instead of the 20mm MG151/20
Bf 110 G-4/R8 should have a defensive MG81z facing TR
Do 217 J-2 had a MG131 in TR and a MG15 in BR position
Ju 88 C-6 (Nightfighter) had a MG15 in TR and no defensive MG in BR position (could also be a MG81z)
Ju 88 G (Nightfighter) had a MG131 in TR, not in BR position

Thank you for your ongoing support of this old game. It is still fun to play it
mark dolby

Post by mark dolby »

Hi Witjer.
Thanks for your observations.
Some of these I had addressed before and the team are aware.

109K6. The 30mm cannon were actually inside the wings with streamlined bulges rather similar to the 109E wing mounted 20mm. Some sources do refer to the gondolas as this would seem to fit with usual upgrade methods but majority/ more credible list/ show the wing modification. That's why the type is a separate airframe in the game.

Me410. The 13mm defensive guns on the flanks of the 410 were on a type of 'drum' housing that allowed the gun to move out to about 75/80 degrees away from the fuselage. The whole mounting was in the barbette which rotated against the side allowing good coverage above and below. So really maybe a 'S' rating would be better?

109G6U4. I mentioned to make this change a little while ago.

Bf110 nightfighters. All variants are missing the rear gun. When I put the question, it seems a technical/coding issue prevents this being added without messing up other factors on the plane. We have to live with it.

Do217J. As far as I was aware both defensive guns should be 13mm MG131

Ju88C6a. There are conflicting data reports. I have seen readouts that list both forward armament options.
Ju88G. Agree with you
Ju88C6. Agree with you

Many LW units in the field made their own modifications so sometimes anomalies will be found.
Please keep playing and questioning!

Thanks.
Mark.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”