Graphical supplement for the waypoint editor

Please post your wish lists for future updates and releases here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

TarkError

Graphical supplement for the waypoint editor

Post by TarkError »

This came up on my mind as I was looking through an old British Army field manual and found this useful graphic called a synchronization matrix. Now this would be a pretty useful tool for in-game planning!

My wish is the Unit Waypoint Editor enhanced with a similar graphical supplement to help the player visualize the temporal factors of his planning. It can be its own window or available as a toggleable attachment.

As a supplement to the waypoint editor, the actions and the time required to accomplish them are graphically shown as different-length colored blocks, like an employee work schedule or the future command cycle times in the C3 tab. As you add or subtract minutes of delay in the waypoint editor (or perhaps the player could manually type in a time in a future release?), the blocks change to account for the changed time.

Another useful feature would be for the matrix to display the time blocks for your entire force, in order to visually coordinate multiple companies/battalions/regiments via a single window.

Return to “Requested Features and Ideas”