PBEM++ Login Error

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

DukeBannon

PBEM++ Login Error

Post by DukeBannon »

There appears to be a number of PBEM++ errors but nothing similar to mine. I am posting here in case someone has already overcome this and BTW, I've also been in contact with Matrix support and so far no-joy. I have never successfully completed the PBEM++ login process for Flashpoint Campaigns. The process for Panzer General 2 works but not Flashpoint.

Here's what I go through:
1. I get the PBEM++ Multiplayer Control dialog and it has my UserID from me saving it previously but my password is missing.
2. So, I enter my password, click Remember Password (although it never has saved the password), and press Log In++.
3. Immediately a dialog pops up saying Logging you in as ...
4. After a second or two another dialog box pops up and says Bad Request.

And that's all she wrote. deleting the flashpoint.ini file as suggested by Matrix support does nothing. Any suggestions?

Thanks
CapnDarwin

RE: PBEM++ Login Error

Post by CapnDarwin »

Duke,

When you go into the Multiplayer Control and see your user name is it the same one you use for PG2?
Is the Edit button available next to your name?
If you click on the Edit button what do you see in the dialog?
Can you enter your name and password there?
What happens if you click the Register button (with name and password filled in)?
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
DukeBannon

Post by DukeBannon »

Hi CapnDarwin and thanks for getting back with me.

- When you go into the Multiplayer Control and see your user name is it the same one you use for PG2? Yes it is. In both cases it is DukeBannon.
- Is the Edit button available next to your name? Yes it is.
- If you click on the Edit button what do you see in the dialog? The Log In information remains at the top of the screen (i.e., UserID and Password) and at the bottom is a section titled Enter Slitherine PBEM++ Account Settings. This includes Game Serial Number (grayed out with Steam - No License ...), UserID, Password, Confirm Password, and Email address for notifications. This is followed by buttons for Register++, Save, Delete, Cancel, and Cancel PBEM++.
- Can you enter your name and password there? Yes and I've done so and saved it.
- What happens if you click the Register button (with name and password filled in)? Bitdefender blocks communication with Slitheriene . com because Flashpoint is allegedly sending the password unencrypted

Bitdefender only gets visibly involved when I attempt to register. I have photos of all of this but I don't see a way here to attach multiple photos.

Thanks again for attempting to help.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Have you tried whitelisting the game exe with the AV program so it can communicate? I'm checking with our lead programmer who knows more about the RS PBEM communications than I do. My logins do not trip my Kaspersky AV or Malwarebytes with any issues.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
DukeBannon

Post by DukeBannon »

Hi Capn,

Yes I have tried that with the same result. Actually, rather than whitelisting I just turned the protections off. My entire security suite consists of Bitdefender Total Security and Malwarebytes Premium. Aside from the incident that occurs whenever I Register, there's nothing in the logs of either program to indicate they care.

Thanks for your help as I'm looking forward to PBEM with this game.

Bob
DukeBannon

Post by DukeBannon »

Hello Jim,

I thought I'd try deleting and recreating my PBEM++ account in FCRS. The delete appeared to work but now every time I enter PBEM++ Multiplayer I receive a message that says "You do not have a PBEM++ account set up so please do so now. ..." Unfortunately when I press Register++ it ends with the Bad Request dialog. I am still able to find PBEM++ games through PG2. I'm not sure if this is progress or a step backwards!

Thanks again for your continued help.

Bob
DukeBannon

Post by DukeBannon »

Hi Capn,

I thought I'd check back to see if you have any next steps in mind. Also, just this morning I reloaded my OS and tried Flashpoint PBEM++ before loading any security software and had the same "Bad Result". I think at this point we should rule out Bitdefender and Malwarebytes as potential causes of this issue.

I appreciate your help with this. Thanks.

Bob

Return to “Tech Support”