Cannot remove forces in editor after selection

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

parspsq

Cannot remove forces in editor after selection

Post by parspsq »

Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm

This is probably not actually considered a bug, but rather a functionality issue. If the user had the scenario to be created detailed upon some medium then this would probably not occur. The casual gamer may find this to be a little problem:

After creating a scenario in the editor and selecting forces the editor does not provide any visible functionality to remove the forces that have just been selected. In the event that the user decides to change the list of available forces for the scenario the only option is to clear the scenario data and start reentering the information.
Patrick
CapnDarwin

Re: Cannot remove forces in editor after selection

Post by CapnDarwin »

Patrick,

You can remove units and subunits in the scenario editor or ScenEdit. To remove the unit entirely, Right-click it and then from the popup menu, select "Delete this unit and subordinates". If you select an HQ unit, all of the attached subordinates will also be removed. To remove a subunit within a unit, select the unit on the map, and in the subunit list at the bottom of the screen, right-click on it and select an option from the menu. You can use this function to create battle-damaged units or units below strength.

The Tutorial uses Red Storm 2 as its map. You can see that in the Key Scenario Parameters tab in the ScenEdit with the Open Tutorial loaded.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
parspsq

Post by parspsq »

Ok. The popup menu was not where I would expect it to be. I was expecting it to appear upon clicking on the unit in the list view rather than in the details box below. I also looked for an item in the menu or a button to click to remove the units. These things are the norm in most of the programs I have used.
Patrick
IronMikeGolf

Post by IronMikeGolf »

If you are looking at the Force Roster list, you can drill down to a unit and then right-click the unit to get the unit's context menu. The panel you are looking at is multi-functional, depending on which view you are in. If you are in the Consolidated OB View, you can click-drag and drop to reassign a unit to another HQs. So, a click to show the context menu would be ambiguous, in our view of things. And right-click to show a context menu is pretty standard Windows UI and we do try to follow that.
Jeff
Sua Sponte

Return to “Tech Support”