CEG 3 Relentless

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian, WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin

Stimpak

CEG 3 Relentless

Post by Stimpak »

On April 9th (Sunday) at 1800 Zulu, I streamed a custom scenario made for Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm.

This scenario is currently named NL_WGS Krise Punkt, a custom scenario featuring a Soviet division attempting to forcefully capture a Weser River crossing in the 3rd Combined Arms Army sector. The scenario is large in size, with a full spectrum of infantry, tanks, artillery, helicopters, and fixed wing aircraft all in the mix. This scenario also takes place on fcrs_Nienburg, a custom map made using QGIS and paint.net.

This was an Interactive stream, where even players without a copy could participate. We played from the West German side.
"Players" in the twitch chat directed me as I ordered the units in the scenario, allowing them to direct the course of the game through Twitch.

Video archives and future potential streams can be found at https://www.twitch.tv/stimpak2112. I will keep the thread updated in the event future updates are planned.
niemand303

RE: Interactive Twitch Stream

Post by niemand303 »

Sounds fun, I guess someone will have to play the role of a comissar?
niemand303

Post by niemand303 »

We will be playing from the West German side.

Oh, now I see. Still, looking forward towards it.
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Test streams may run at various times between today and tomorrow, leading up to the event stream.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

I will check it out tonight
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Ran into some real life difficulties last night, but I should be good to go now. Expect more test streams leading up to the event, and I'm now in the chat for discussion.
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Taking a short break until 2130 UTC

Things are heating up!
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Thanks for watching, I will probably continue this next weekend at an unspecified time. I have switched from Shadowplay to OBS so there is some testing to do there.
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Busy weekend. New day job. Might only be able to stream Saturday or Sunday, and at late evenings (my time).
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

I'll probably start today around 1500 or 1600 PDT (2200 or 2300 UTC).
We'll spend the first part of the stream recapping what happened in the first third of the match, explaining things to any new "players" who show up, then finally getting back into the game.

I don't have much time either though, busy Easter weekend so I have to balance between hobbies, family, and preparing for work. Eitherway I'll try and make things happen.
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Had to cut it short because I'm tired and it's Easter. Thanks for watching though!

Current situation @ 1024 hours (H+0554):

Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

I apologize that the stream hasn't been up recently - I have been very busy.
I will be away from home (and thus my computer) all of next week on business. When I return next Sunday (May 7th), the stream will be back up starting at around 1400 or 1500 PDT.

In the meantime, I am dropping the scenario file, NL_WGS Krise Punkt, here for players to use themselves. Enjoy!
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

The stream is complete and the scenario is over. All in all we claimed an 87% rating - a decisive success.

The scenario is now publicly available and a youtube video archiving this test playthrough is also being uploaded. With that, this concludes the "Interactive Stream" project, which was only really interactive in the initial phases.

Final Unit dispositions:

Staff Summary report:

The OP will later be edited to include every youtube video of the scenario, and the thread can now safely be moved to the After Action Reports subforum.

EDIT: Turns out that the last recording did not record my microphone at all and was otherwise of very poor quality. The videos have been deleted and I will have to do a restream next weekend when I have time.
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Will be re-attempting the CEG 3 stream on Sunday, February 25th at 10:00 PDT / 13:00 EDT / 18:00 GMT.
See you soon, meine Genossen!
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Stream will be going ahead as planned. See you there!
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Happy hunting!
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Ran into technical issues again, but nothing too serious. I will be continuing the stream again, same time tomorrow.
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

Well that could have gone better, but a loss is a loss. I'll have the videos up on Youtube this week.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”