Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

RogerBacon

RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: bchis17

Hi, I'm getting memory errors after like 5-10 mins of gameplay. I followed the instructions and retried it like two times.

Anyone help? I've been stuck with this issue for awhile. I might switch back to Unleashed Extended II if I can't get this to work :/

If you are using the exe for people with the Windows 2004 patch you need to run it through Large Address Aware. Search for "Large Address Aware" and you should find it easily enough.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
eddiaz79

Post by eddiaz79 »

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me. I recently downloaded the Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome but had problems running the game because my windows version was windows 10 20H2,.

Once I figured out that I had to download the separate exe from the link above for windows 10 20H2, I decided to download but got a warning from my antivirus bit defender that it was a Trojan. I downloaded after careful review of comments and the mod started to work. However, my Bit defender antivirus automatically removed the exe and stated that it was a gen variant Bulz either a virus or trojan and deleted the exe distant worlds exe which automatically crashed the game of course. I then started to scan the exe that was provided in the link above that states for windows ten 2004 use this and it kept being detected as a virus or trojan.

My question is should I be worried, Is this EXE that allows the Bacon Mod to run 1.81R a virus/Trojan? Should I delete the mod and completely remove every file? is the link above compromised?
RogerBacon

Post by RogerBacon »

ORIGINAL: eddiaz79

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully someone can help me. I recently downloaded the Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome but had problems running the game because my windows version was windows 10 20H2,.

Once I figured out that I had to download the separate exe from the link above for windows 10 20H2, I decided to download but got a warning from my antivirus bit defender that it was a Trojan. I downloaded after careful review of comments and the mod started to work. However, my Bit defender antivirus automatically removed the exe and stated that it was a gen variant Bulz either a virus or trojan and deleted the exe distant worlds exe which automatically crashed the game of course. I then started to scan the exe that was provided in the link above that states for windows ten 2004 use this and it kept being detected as a virus or trojan.

My question is should I be worried, Is this EXE that allows the Bacon Mod to run 1.81R a virus/Trojan? Should I delete the mod and completely remove every file? is the link above compromised?

See my response in the Bacon Mod thread to your question there.
BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08
gaius21

Post by gaius21 »

hey, i have noticed that the pirates are quite passive with this mod compilation. have had multiple games on very hard with plenty/strong pirates (pre warp always) where they offer me protection as usual but dont actually attack my ships/bases when i dont pay up. they neither build their bases on my planets, there wasnt a game when i played vanilla where i didnt have to fight multiple fights per years to clear my planets from pirate bases.
did any of the mods change how pirates work?
boboverlord1

Post by boboverlord1 »

Hi, the download link is dead
MinionsGambit

Post by MinionsGambit »

Fixed the issue..
vmacwolfv

Post by vmacwolfv »

UPDATE: I "solved" my problem. I launched the game using the original exe file and changed the theme to RetreatUE Bacon and confirmed that the theme changed (background image didn't change though). Switched the exe file back to the Bacon one and launched the game. Theme stayed the same and background image updated to the das chrome blue..etc image. Have not done in game testing but it seems to have worked.

I am having issue with getting all of the mods to work. Bacon mod works just fine. The issue is after installing RetreatUE with Das Chrome I will switch the theme. Says it was switched so I go to exit the game and relaunch to confirm but the game keeps resetting to the previous theme. I don't get any errors or crash logs because nothing technically went wrong. The theme just keeps getting reverted to the prior theme and I'm not sure how to test for the errors.

This is a clean install of DWU and I followed the YouTube video step by step.
Droll12

Post by Droll12 »

Edit: Well at this point I'm convinced that it was something I did that broke it, rolling back the save slightly seems to have resolved my issue so I've replaced the post with this message.

Sorry for the thread necromancy and also I have apparently replied to the wrong person too.

I'm keeping the error image as proof of my hubris.

Attachments
UEBaconCrash.jpg
UEBaconCrash.jpg (12.89 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
aldehyt

Re: RE: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome

Post by aldehyt »

Retreat1970 wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:46 am I'm having problems with the Caleph racial fighter bays making fighters. I looked at the research files but I don't see the issue. Then again I haven't modded or played in a long time.

If anyone can confirm or not that would be great. If not no problem.

Edit: I can't get another race to build normal fighters either. Could be my install is borked.

Edit2: Reinstall worked.
I also have this problem, my caleph fighters/bombers are not building. Any idea what could exacly cause that problem ? i think my Mod is installed correctly cause everything works. Just not caleph carriers

EDIT: There is a option in BaconSettings called limitNewFighterBuildToColonies=true, in my case option was set on true... feature which i didnt realize
aldehyt

Re: Bacon Mod + RetreatUE + Das Chrome

Post by aldehyt »

Strange Game Breaking BUG:
My ships after hyperspeed "travel", sometimes are move back to start position. This happened in 100% cases, when ship was boarded and send to retire for technology reverse engineering.

Anyone know what cause that bug ?
rogerbacon51

Post by rogerbacon51 »

aldehyt wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:01 am Strange Game Breaking BUG:
My ships after hyperspeed "travel", sometimes are move back to start position. This happened in 100% cases, when ship was boarded and send to retire for technology reverse engineering.

Anyone know what cause that bug ?
It sounds like an old bug that I thought was fixed years ago where ships would be stuck in a movement loop. Moving for a few seconds and then teleporting back to starting location. I put a keyboard shortcut in to clear all mission information from the currently selected ship. I forget what the command was but that might work. I wonder, did the ship start a hyperspace jump before being captured? Part of teh formula for gravity wells involves the max ship sized researched. That means when a ship changes ownership that gravitey well size will probably change for the ship. That might have something to do with it.
XerKB101

Post by XerKB101 »

Hi I've recently downloaded this mod and installed it however when I try to change the theme to the this mod i get the error shown in the image below. I have all the text when i press details saved on my discord account because I cant seem to post it here as the forum considers it spam.
Attachments
bacon+retreatue+daschrome mod error.png
bacon+retreatue+daschrome mod error.png (21.82 KiB) Viewed 1458 times
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I checked and I don't see what's wrong from the information posted but maybe two things:

I don't use steam for DWU so maybe something is different installation wise?
Secondly I would try a fresh install.
XerKB101

Post by XerKB101 »

Hi retreat I'll try as you have suggested since I have a steam version. Also I've attached a document of what the error report details says.
Attachments
message.txt
(8.73 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

So, I'm not sure if its line 174 as it says or component 174 so I'll paste both for you to compare. Open your Components.txt and check. Maybe there's an error though I'm unsure why.

Line 174: 11, Bombard - Nuclear Devastator, 11, 4, Torpedo_Large.wav, 49, 8, 0, 0, 210, 15, 50, 0, 6000, 3, 3, 4, 7, 4, 15, 4, 12, 10, 41, 5,

Comp 174: 174, Colonization - Cloning Module, 174, 0, , 4, 540, 7, 600000000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 8, 520, 10, 230, 16, 130, 42, 30,

My Retreat version may have different numbers since I change things from time to time but the format should be the same. Now it says resource ID at #5 which Comp 174 doesn't have (ex 8 is ID (hydrogen) and 520 is the amount needed to construct so there's only four resources 8,10,16,42). The Bombard lines 5th resource is 41 which is Uranium so open the resource.txt file and check it. Mine is:

41, Uranium, 41, 5.0, 0, 0, N, N, 1, 0, 0, 6, 0.07, 0.5, 1.0, 1, 9, 0.05, 0.6, 0.8,

Again it may be slightly different. I suspect the line isn't there since Uranium is an added modded resource, and if this is the case your installation corrupted somehow.
FlipsTheSlayer

Post by FlipsTheSlayer »

I keep getting an exception almost every time I go to change the names of stations, planets, and ships. This is the exception text:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at BaconDistantWorlds.BaconBuiltObject.RushStateShips(Main main)
at BaconDistantWorlds.BaconBuiltObject.BaconKeyboardInput(Main main, KeyEventArgs e)
at DistantWorlds.Main.Main_KeyDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyPreview(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The exception doesn't crash the game or cause any other obvious issues, and I'm able to just press "continue" in the exception window and keep playing. Should I just ignore it?
Time is the greatest, most valuable resource that Humanity could ever have the ability to underestimate
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

Ignore it. The problem occurs sometimes because what you're typing for the rename is also a bacon mod command and always when using shift for uppercase. Annoying yet harmless so far.
FlipsTheSlayer

Post by FlipsTheSlayer »

Retreat1970 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:55 am Ignore it. The problem occurs sometimes because what you're typing for the rename is also a bacon mod command and always when using shift for uppercase. Annoying yet harmless so far.
Alright, thanks.
Time is the greatest, most valuable resource that Humanity could ever have the ability to underestimate
XerKB101

Post by XerKB101 »

Retreat1970 wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 4:33 pm So, I'm not sure if its line 174 as it says or component 174 so I'll paste both for you to compare. Open your Components.txt and check. Maybe there's an error though I'm unsure why.

Line 174: 11, Bombard - Nuclear Devastator, 11, 4, Torpedo_Large.wav, 49, 8, 0, 0, 210, 15, 50, 0, 6000, 3, 3, 4, 7, 4, 15, 4, 12, 10, 41, 5,

Comp 174: 174, Colonization - Cloning Module, 174, 0, , 4, 540, 7, 600000000, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 8, 520, 10, 230, 16, 130, 42, 30,

My Retreat version may have different numbers since I change things from time to time but the format should be the same. Now it says resource ID at #5 which Comp 174 doesn't have (ex 8 is ID (hydrogen) and 520 is the amount needed to construct so there's only four resources 8,10,16,42). The Bombard lines 5th resource is 41 which is Uranium so open the resource.txt file and check it. Mine is:

41, Uranium, 41, 5.0, 0, 0, N, N, 1, 0, 0, 6, 0.07, 0.5, 1.0, 1, 9, 0.05, 0.6, 0.8,

Again it may be slightly different. I suspect the line isn't there since Uranium is an added modded resource, and if this is the case your installation corrupted somehow.
Thanks for the info after reinstalling I remembered to use the batch file das had created to solve the problem.
Darkwhip

Post by Darkwhip »

Got an error when trying to save the game. I had experienced a crash before when looking at the galactopedia link for armor inside the design editor.
https://imgur.com/a/KF4ktXh
Edit: seems to be a general instability, sometimes i crash while just passing time or when i try to save

Return to “Design and Modding”