Advanced Colonization Techs worth it?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Blueinstinct

Advanced Colonization Techs worth it?

Post by Blueinstinct »

Hey, i have a question regarding the techs for advanced colonization.
In the description for adv continental colo it says it will double the population growth of continental planets.

will this result in +100% growth on all my cont. worlds for all my population? or only the ones i conlonize after the tech is done?
I ask because i vaguely remember that i tried that tech in one of my first attemts of the game a long time ago and was very disapointed back than.

greetings
RiftHick

RE: Advanced Colonization Techs worth it?

Post by RiftHick »

It is retroactive in that it will benefit existing and future colonies, assuming of cause they are (in this case) continental colonies. As for the effect it's going to improve the existing rate, you aren't going to go from a 5% population rate to 100% rate just from that tech. Your rates after finishing it be sit at between 8% - 10%.
Blueinstinct

Post by Blueinstinct »

I just finished researching adv cont colon and my rates didnt improve AT ALL at any given cont Planet....
i think it was the same the last time when i got it as wekkarus for oceanic planets...

I really whish it would help though:(
NephilimNexus

Post by NephilimNexus »

It's bugged.
Blueinstinct

Post by Blueinstinct »

thats too bad, i hope this and the tax revenue bug will get adressed even though it doesnt feel like its gonna happen...
Osito

Post by Osito »

I don't think it's bugged, it's just not working exactly as you'd expect it to work.

Basically, it doesn't work on your own native planet type. See this link for further information:

tm.asp?m=3658351

In my own Research Unleashed mod (shameless plug!), the tech is renamed to better describe what actually happens.

Osito
Osito
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

Bump for this nugget to put in my collected notes. Only impacts non-native colony types.
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Return to “The War Room”