Troop strength stats

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

unclean

Troop strength stats

Post by unclean »

Hey, I wanted to find out exact troops strengths for all the races, and thought I'd share.

The General column determines if a race is guaranteed a troop general at the start of the game. Worth mentioning that some races like the Naxxilians and Sluken start with one on occasion, or pick one up pretty quickly at any rate.

By strength:

Code: Select all

Name		Strength			General
 Teekan		65				
 Atuuk		68  (+5 with Caguar Fur)	
 Ketarov		72				
 Ugnari		72				
 Securan		76				
 Shandar		81				
 Wekkarus	84				
 Mechanoid	85				
 Ackdarian	88								
 Gizurean	92  (+5 with Nekros Stone)	
 Quanemo		95
 Zenox		104 (+5 with Osalia)	
 Human		121 (+5 with Emeros Crystal)
 Haakinosh	124			
 Dhayut		126 (+5 with Osalia)	 	Y
 Kiadan		128			
 Naxxilian	129 (+10 with Jakanta Ivory) 	
 Sluken		130 (+5 with Questurian) 
 Ikkuro		132 (+5 with Osalia)		
 Boskara		134 (+5 with Aculon)		 
 Mortalen	138				Y
 Shakturi	164				

By race:

Amphibian

Wekkarus	84
 Ackdarian	88
 Quanemo 	95
Humanoid

Securan		76
 Kiadan		128
Insectoid

Dhayut		126 (+5 with Osalia)
 Shakturi	164
Mechanoid

Mechanoid	85
Reptilian

Shandar		81
 Haakinosh	124
 Mortalen	138
Rodent

Teekan		65
 Ugnari		72
Ursidian

Ketarov		72
After a few years it's hard to go wrong invading by outnumbering 2x for colonies and 3-4x for homeworlds, but early on stuff like this is really useful to know when you're playing an aggressive race.
Fishman

RE: List of racial troop strength

Post by Fishman »

I just train a group to max XP, then build nothing but clone troopers. Then you drop 3x50 transportloads of Str-300 clonetroopers on a planet. CLONE ARMY, ATTACK!
ehsumrell1

Post by ehsumrell1 »

Thanks for 'cleaning' that issue up for us Unclean! [:D]
Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

I had to mod this.I cannot stand the idea of Eggheads being that good in combat.
Fishman

Post by Fishman »

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

I had to mod this.I cannot stand the idea of Eggheads being that good in combat.
It really depends on the Eggheads. In this case, you're talking about invisible eggheads murdering you in ways you've never even heard of. These are Kiadians we're talking about. They have an entire army of Starcraft Ghosts. Compare this to the Quameno eggheads, who just plain suck at combat...because they don't have invisi-stealth murdering skills. I mean, just look at their eyes. Kiadians have forward-facing eyes. These guys are predators. Sure, they might not have gigantic fangs and claws, but how much is that really worth in a combat with guns?
Beag

Post by Beag »

Yes, this isn´t Warhammer 40K [:)] Kiadians could be like the Tau, lots of pew pew is enough to kill everything from veeeeeery far.
ASHBERY76

Post by ASHBERY76 »

My issue is I visualize an army of Dan aykroyd's.
Beag

Post by Beag »

But you can always mod the pictures based on another actor, then. How about Wesley Snipes?
Fishman

Post by Fishman »

My issue is I visualize an army of Dan aykroyd's.
That sounds like a personal problem to me, soldier. There's absolutely nothing about Kiadians in lore or attributes that suggests these guys are anything other than vicious killers. Kiadians are "Slightly Aggressive", "Very Cautious", "Very Intelligent", and "Extremely Dependable". Their racial technology is a "ShadowGhost ECM". This, to me, suggests you're dealing with a race of vicious, methodical, and highly disciplined, not to mention invisible, killers. Sure, they don't have any teeth, claws, or look like horrible fearsome bugs, but their necks are by no means scrawny and they've got really mean-looking eyes. Eyes they won't even let you look them in before they kill you. Not to mention opposable thumbs, which some of those bug guys probably lack. They call their guys "Strike Troopers", and it ain't because they're on strike.

On top of that, YOU think they're HARMLESS. These guys don't even let you know what hit you, and YOU don't even think they're GOING to hit you. You are toast, man. Toast. You still think they're harmless.
unclean

Post by unclean »

Updated the OP with some more info.

Also does anyone know what determines how many troops a race starts with? I've never been able to figure out what determines it, all I know is that homeworlds randomly start out with between 6-20 troops and some races seem to start with more than others.
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: unclean

Hey, I wanted to find out exact troops strengths for all the races, and thought I'd share.

The General column determines if a race is guaranteed a troop general at the start of the game. Worth mentioning that some races like the Naxxilians and Sluken start with one on occasion, or pick one up pretty quickly at any rate.

By strength:

Name		Strength			General
 Teekan		65				
 Ketarov		72				
 Ugnari		72				
 Securan		76				
 Shandar		81				
 Wekkarus	84				
 Mechanoid	85				
 Ackdarian	88								
 Quanemo		95
 Haakinosh	124			
 Dhayut		126 (+5 with Osalia)	 	Y
 Kiadan		128			
 Mortalen	138				Y
 Shakturi	164				

By race:

Amphibian

Wekkarus	84
 Ackdarian	88
 Quanemo 	95
Humanoid

Securan		76
 Kiadan		128
Insectoid

Dhayut		126 (+5 with Osalia)
 Shakturi	164
Mechanoid

Mechanoid	85
Reptilian

Shandar		81
 Haakinosh	124
 Mortalen	138
Rodent

Teekan		65
 Ugnari		72
Ursidian

Ketarov		72
After a few years it's hard to go wrong invading by outnumbering 2x for colonies and 3-4x for homeworlds, but early on stuff like this is really useful to know when you're playing an aggressive race.

I never thought of this... if I can manipulate the troop strength with objects like Crystals. I could make the Jedi like 200 if they have Adegan Crystals... I need to look into that... Thank you unclean...
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
Bloodly

Post by Bloodly »

Now, were any of these modified with Shadows?
Jeeves

Post by Jeeves »

I have an Ikkuro with troop academy Fortress of Torak. It builds a 604/604 troop. Once I had enough to be sure that I would never lose my last one, I switched over to planetary defense bases at Fortress of Torak, since they are extremely useful, and anybody else can build a clone of my maximum strength troop. When I get my military academy built there, I'll switch over to special forces. They are also extremely useful for attack versus defense, being able to destroy fortified bunkers. I noticed that my 604/604 troop after winning a combat was 629/616, +25/+12 which agreed with previous experience. So if you are having difficulty conquering independents due to reputation, you might as well wait until your fortress of Torak world builds its troop academy, unless you are unfortunate in the race on it. Eight combats of my first troop built before the academy had less strength than a brand new troop just built after getting the academy.

Lonnie Courtney Clay
Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay
ool

RE: Troop strength stats

Post by ool »

Thanks!
I personally have always believed that no matter the tech you always have to get down and dirty and land on a planet and clean out the defending troops.

In this game I let my troops endure countless pirate attacks to build up experience. While this is on going I research massive planetary shields. Followed by reinforced bunkers and finally some decent plantary defense units.

Makes a lethal combination when invading. Experienced troops who quickly start to build shield/bunker. While this is going on the first thing to build other than that is the planetary defense unit. I find it works well.
Hattori Hanzo

Post by Hattori Hanzo »

My issue is I visualize an army of Dan Aykroyd's.

I would be for sure a BIG fan of such an army.. [8D]

Elwood rules

Return to “The War Room”