Game Crashing from revolution

Post bug reports and ask for support here.

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

Varlun

Game Crashing from revolution

Post by Varlun »

Hey all. So first I'll admit that yes my game is modded (Beyond Extended Universe Alpha) and I know the mod is the problem.

I've been using this mod for about 5 years. This is the 2nd time I've had this issue in all that time. Maybe because I kept restarting games before they got too late.

Regardless, I had someone help me fix this the first time successfully. So I know it can be fixed. It's just some number in a notepad file somewhere. But I already tried digging for the issue and can't find it. I went into every race file and changed them all to DisallowedGovernments 14,15,16 and CanChangeGovernment Y. That's what 95% of them are set to by default. And that still didn't fix it.

Here's my crash dump.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.SelectSuitableGovernment(Race race, Int32 excludeId, List`1 allowableGovernmentTypes)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.HaveRevolution(Race dominantRace, Int32 governmentId, Double damageFactor)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.HaveRevolution(Race dominantRace)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.CompleteIntelligenceMission(IntelligenceMission mission)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.PerformIntelligenceMissions()
at DistantWorlds.Types.Empire.DoTasks()
at DistantWorlds.Main.C5o6bN55GkBkTp2DuaJ(Object )
at DistantWorlds.Main.n8Otelu22U(Object )

As you can see, some empire/race is trying to change to a government it isn't allowed to or something. From what I can remember from fixing this the first time, I'm confident it was like a 0 or a 1 that needed to be deleted or switched.

What's amazing to me is that this issue comes from a fresh mod download. For such a popular mod, I can't believe something like this happens. You'd think everyone would be having this issue?

Much thanks to anyone that can help me track this down.
rjord2021

RE: Game Crashing from revolution

Post by rjord2021 »

As a modder, the message Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. is one I get if I have an error in the log.

If you remove the mod do you get the message still?
Varlun

RE: Game Crashing from revolution

Post by Varlun »

No, it's an issue with the mod.

I finally got the idea that regardless of what I changed in the files, the reason it didn't work is because everything was already set into motion. I'm 99% confident it's because of an intelligence mission completing to incite a revolution. Obviously, that mission was started a long time before the moment of the crash.

One idea I tried was to just go through every race's empire policy and literally disable their ability to do that mission. I don't think I kept playing long enough to see if it worked, though.

Return to “Tech Support”