Engaging Kaltors

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Chris21wen

Engaging Kaltors

Post by Chris21wen »

Bacon Mod,

My mining stations have 3 type II missils and 3 Maxod blaster with enough energy to fire yet when attacked by Kaltors they don't. They fire at anything else but not them. Is this design, bug or am I missing something simple.
Retreat1970

Re: Engaging Kaltors

Post by Retreat1970 »

They should. Mining stations are reactive and don't shoot unless shot and when it's a monster they are right on top of the station when they "shoot" so you may never see a shot when the station shoots. I confused myself but I think that's right.
Chris21wen

Re: Engaging Kaltors

Post by Chris21wen »

Retreat1970 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:46 am They should. Mining stations are reactive and don't shoot unless shot and when it's a monster they are right on top of the station when they "shoot" so you may never see a shot when the station shoots. I confused myself but I think that's right.
I think I get what your saying. Kaltors need to be on top the target with mines reacting to the attack. There's a problem with this however, I've seen mines fire at targets that have not been attacking them but other targets close too. So I'm wondering if it a case of firing at anything withing range if something is attack not just itself.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”