Hotkeys for Selection Panel action bar.

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

beyondwudge

Hotkeys for Selection Panel action bar.

Post by beyondwudge »

Hi,

I am just getting back into DW and can't remember if there are hotkeys for the Selection Panel's action bar. See the red circle in the picture below.
Selection Panel.png
Selection Panel.png (92.91 KiB) Viewed 288 times
Are there keys for these buttons? I have a vague memory I used to hit the build menu with a key, but that might have been another game.

I'm trying to click through my potential mining locations and just queue them up with a tap. Can't see how to select more than one at a time in the expansion planner so I'm figuring it's a one by one job.

Edit: How do you delete a queued mining station from the queue, short of finding the construction ship that got the order and wiping it's queue? I accidentally queued a mining station for a world inside another Empire's territory I don't want to build on.

Thanks in advance.
Retreat1970

Re: Hotkeys for Selection Panel action bar.

Post by Retreat1970 »

I don't believe so. Baconmod has extra commands but I don't remember them all.
beyondwudge

Post by beyondwudge »

A few commands like Stop (S) or Escape from attackers (E) have a key. However, that might be hardcoded to the method call rather than to the UI button, but 'difference not great' in the end.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

beyondwudge wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:37 pm Hi,

I am just getting back into DW and can't remember if there are hotkeys for the Selection Panel's action bar. See the red circle in the picture below.

Are there keys for these buttons? I have a vague memory I used to hit the build menu with a key, but that might have been another game.
All the standard hotkeys I know. Those in bold are specific to to youy button query.

F1 Galactopedia Help screen
F2 Colonies screen
F3 Expansion Planner screen
F4 Intelligence Agents screen
F5 Diplomacy screen
F6 Your Empire Summary screen
F7 Research screen
F8 Ship Designs screen
F9 Build Order screen
F10 Construction Yards screen
F11 Ships and Bases screen
F12 Fleets screen
G Galaxy Map screen
H Message History screen
V Empire Comparison and Victory Conditions screen
O Game Options screen
Pause or Spacebar Pauses or resumes the game
Escape Displays the Game menu
Arrow keys Scrolls the main view up/down/left/right
Backspace Zooms to the selected item
Insert Zooms the main view to System level
Delete Zooms the main view to Sector level
End Zooms the main view to Galaxy level
Home Zooms the main view to 100%
Page Up Zooms the main view Out
Page Down Zooms the main view In
+ Increases game speed by one level
– Decreases game speed by one level
N Move forward in selection history
B Move backward in selection history
L Locks/unlocks the main view on the currently selected item
Z Selects the nearest available military ship to the current location
C Cycles Colonies in the selection panel; Shift-C backwards; Ctrl-C moves view
P Cycles Space Ports in the selection panel; Shift-C backwards; Ctrl-C moves view
M Cycles Military ships in the selection panel; Shift-M backwards; Ctrl-M moves view
Y Cycles Construction ships in the selection panel; Shift-Y backwards; Ctrl-Y moves view
X Cycles Exploration and Colony ships in the selection panel; Shift-X backwards; Ctrl-X moves view
F Cycles Fleets in the selection panel; Shift-F Backwards; Ctrl-F moves view
I Cycles Idle ships in the selection panel; Shift-I backwards; Ctrl-I moves view
E Commands the selected ship to Escape from attackers
R Commands the selected ship to Refuel at the nearest refueling point
A Automates the selected ship
S Stops the selected ship, cancelling the current mission
, Cycles engagement ranges of selected military ship or fleet

D Toggles the Display, alternating between detailed and simple views
T Toggles screen elements on/off: selection panel, map, scrolling message list
0-9 Selection hotkeys for stored items – press key once to select, twice to move to item
Ctrl 0-Ctrl 9 Hotkey storage – store items for later quick selection
Ctrl-left mouse click Centres main view on location clicked and zooms in to 100%
Num keypad 0 Takes a screenshot, storing the picture in the “screenshots” folder
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

beyondwudge wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:37 pm Hi,

I'm trying to click through my potential mining locations and just queue them up with a tap. Can't see how to select more than one at a time in the expansion planner so I'm figuring it's a one by one job.

Edit: How do you delete a queued mining station from the queue, short of finding the construction ship that got the order and wiping it's queue? I accidentally queued a mining station for a world inside another Empire's territory I don't want to build on.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure what your trying to do here but I think you want to upgrade all your mining staions without doing each one separately. Can't be done. You can group select stuff but your limited as to what you can do with them and mass upgrade isn't one.

Personnally the only things I leave automated in the game is the upgrading of private sector ships and bases. Not the design, just the ugrading. They all upgrade eventually!

Deleting queued stuff from a constructor ship is not possible. It's a bug I think. Unlike planets and bases, constructor ship don't have a waiting list so the only way is to stop the ship. That will of course also stop it's current build.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

you can upgrade all bases of the same type in the ships and bases screen. use the shift modifier to select them all then click retrofit.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Retreat1970 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:49 pm you can upgrade all bases of the same type in the ships and bases screen. use the shift modifier to select them all then click retrofit.
Yes you can do that but you still have to select every single one. I'm was talking about selecting one with an option to upgrade all with one click, perhaps not a wise thing to do for many reason but an option.
Retreat1970

Post by Retreat1970 »

I sort by name or role, and shift click to select a group of ships or bases. Two clicks to grab 10, 20, 50 things. Sometimes I have to use the ctrl modifier as well since the sort isn't perfect sometimes.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”