Abyssinian campaign scenario

GibClaret80

Abyssinian campaign scenario

Post by GibClaret80 »

Great work on adding scenarios maybe a Abyssinian campaign scenario could be added as it was between June 1940 and November 1941 ??
Saint Ruth

RE: Abyssinian campaign scenario

Post by Saint Ruth »

That'd be interesting, a very overlooked campaign!
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Got no problems with this suggestion...a very interesting topic; big map though.
GibClaret80

Post by GibClaret80 »

Would you need to use all the map though if doing a scenario could be selective ??
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Scenario maps are dinky things so of course anyone could quickly put together a small, tile map. Campaigns are larger thought problems--one should not restrict the player to the accepted historical path. Provide the player the opportunity to dance within the operational environment. That's a big map.
GibClaret80

Post by GibClaret80 »

Of course i don't think i have ever seen a game take place in East Africa i could be wrong tho.
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

There might be a board-game or two or three on the topic. Can't say I can name any of them. TSWW covers the whole lot in their Mare Nostrum game:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/144 ... re-nostrum

Nice game for a VERY pretty penny. I have the Quartermaster [digital] edition which costs alot less. Someday I hope to play it.
superhans

Post by superhans »

ORIGINAL: GibClaret80

Great work on adding scenarios maybe a Abyssinian campaign scenario could be added as it was between June 1940 and November 1941 ??
What a brilliant idea. [&o]
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

...maybe a Abyssinian campaign scenario could be added as it was between June 1940 and November 1941 ??
I've looked at my resources and I think with two additions, this would be possible--and provide interesting game play.
superhans

Post by superhans »

Of course i don't think i have ever seen a game take place in East Africa i could be wrong tho.

As mentioned there are a few board games and Hearts of Iron IV do an interesting take on it. Alan Moorhead also covers it in his classic 1st hand account of The Desert War....but that's not a game. It's a book. [X(]
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

Yes, Alan Moorehead is a good addition to anyone's North/East/West African WW2 library. I'm looking at purchasing these books:

* The First Victory: The Second World War and the East Africa Campaign by Andrew Stewart
* Air War in East Africa 1940-41: The RAF Versus the Italian Air Force by Jon Sutherland and Diane Canwell
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

A great topic, no doubt.
A Sharif
bcgames

Post by bcgames »

ORIGINAL: bcgames

Yes, Alan Moorehead is a good addition to anyone's North/East/West African WW2 library. I'm looking at purchasing these books:

* The First Victory: The Second World War and the East Africa Campaign by Andrew Stewart
* Air War in East Africa 1940-41: The RAF Versus the Italian Air Force by Jon Sutherland and Diane Canwell
Bought 'em

Return to “Future Ideas”