Monty's Front: Describe YOUR Game Experience

governato

RE: Monty's Front: Describe YOUR Game Experience

Post by governato »

RESERVES One could preplan movements based on a condition (enemy approaching an hex or attacking a unit). The details are left to the AI.
I think the lack of reserves favors the attacker. Without reserves it's a lot easier for the attacker to keep the initiative and stay on top of the decision cycle, at the moment one can only be active and not re-active.

OBJECTIVE PLANNING Also it'd be good to have objective planning that extends over several turns. Why pay the (full) C&C penalty every turn if I already know I need to go from A to B..and I am already going?

COMBAT ASSETS They are like action cards in board games, I love them and I 'd definitely expand their capabilities, they add a lot of chrome.

- introduce other modifiers other than combat shits (extra fuel, no C&C delay)
- make them one time only and specific for each unit
- have the players bid for extra ones
- cover those that are history related in the scenario description
- have some of them to be a trade off and not just a `positive'

PARATROOPERS Operation Plunder and the planned drop on Berlin as follow up scenarios.

HISTORICAL VARIABILITY To be left as an option. No plan survives contact with the enemy right? But m any scenarios have limited replay value once played a couple times. But objectives and reinforcements were not always fully in control of the theater commander and were subject to change

When this option is ON then objectives fuel, reinforcements and withdrawals can change for both sides.
Depending on their effect there should be a VP compensation.

bcgames

RE: Monty's Front: Describe YOUR Game Experience

Post by bcgames »

ORIGINAL: canuckgamer

As a Canadian it would be nice to see some games about their battles such as the Scheldt. Too late now but Ortona would have provided the same kind of situation and urban combat as Stalingrad but on a smaller scale.
If part of the proposed game covers Operation Market Garden then the 101st and 82nd Airborne would I assume be part of the order of battle...
The Canadians and the Airborne are the central characters providing add-on game engine capabilities--assault boats, amphibians, paratroops and gliders. Oh Canada.

Return to “Future Ideas”