Artillery bonus

Brian Kellys Desert War: 1940-42 captures the drama of the campaign for North Africa during World War II.
Jafele

Artillery bonus

Post by Jafele »

Frequently I see so many units in the same hex. Is there artillery bonus against big enemy stacks?

Seems logical when you´ve plenty of targets in a small space.
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
governato

Re: Artillery bonus

Post by governato »

there isn't ..but maybe there should be a connection between losses and hex stacking limits. A rifle regiment charging should suffer *at same attack power* more % losses than say a battalion supported by air and arty...m2c.
bcgames

Re: Artillery bonus

Post by bcgames »

Jafele wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:32 pm Frequently I see so many units in the same hex. Is there artillery bonus against big enemy stacks?
Good question. The quick answer is NO. The longer answer is this; we identified this as a problem after numerous plays of Desert War 1940-42. So, in response we created the Bombardment Attack in the WEGO WWII: Stalingrad game engine. In the new version of the engine, the higher the density of enemy units in a hex, the higher the potential casualties caused by bombardment. I don't know if it is possible to retrofit Desert War with this capability but it would be nice if we could.

Return to “Desert War 1940 - 1942”