Three Quick Comments

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.
John S

Three Quick Comments

Post by John S »

As I noted in another post, you guys have created a great game.

I'd like to provide three minor comments - the type of thing which I, as a player, think would enhance the gaming experience.

First, and oddly, it would be nice if you made headquarters a little harder to move. Strange comment coming from a veteran wargaming but even after a fair amount of play I periodically think that I am moving a combat unit up to the line and too late realize that the unit that moves is the headquarters unit. There aren't that many HQ units and you don't move them nearly as much as you move combat units so it would, in my view, to be nice to be able to turn on a "safety option" which asks "Are you sure" with the proposed movement of a Headquarters.

Second, the rivers should be made more obvious. The visual display is too hard to see over the hexes, units etc.

Third, units that are going to get withdrawn should be physically marked on the map. Too easy to overlook this issue and there really needs to be a visual cue.

Obviously, these are minor comments. Great game.
FeurerKrieg

RE: Three Quick Comments

Post by FeurerKrieg »

1 & 2 I'm fine as things are.

But very much agree on #3. The manual says there are PP penalties if you beat up withdrawing units too much, so every turn I have to jot down which units are earmarked and then move them somewhere safe. A visual que would definitely be nice.

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks
FirstCanadian

Re: Three Quick Comments

Post by FirstCanadian »

A follow up to the confusion on which unit you are moving from a stacked hex.

When I click on a hex with multiple units, I see a the units listed in a row. It is not clear which one is selected just by looking: You have to read the text above to confirm.

It would be great if the unit selected was clearly marked, perhaps with a colored box around it

Return to “The War Room”