November 1942

The Community Project is a free wargame construction set to existing owners of DC: Barbarossa

Moderators: Vic, lancer

nikdav

November 1942

Post by nikdav »

My next scenario is a very monster, all the Eastern front forces on mid november 1942.
Work on it starts over one year ago and i hope to release it just on mid november.
The Ai work very well but need very long time for every scenario turn.
With some hint from VIC actually the time was reduced to 4min(Vic's PC)to 7min (i3 laptop)to my old Thinkpad(core2)10min!
But we must consider that there are over 1500 units on map, and this is a very stress test for the DCCP engine that work very well with the big map, better than many other engines i try.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 1942 ver.1.0 by Davide Gambina ( nikdav )
10km/ 2day/division level/ 40 turns / Soviet AI

"In a matter of days, from 19 to 23 November 1942, the impossible, the unthinkable and unimaginable happened on the Eastern Front" (John Erickson -The road to Berlin)
November 1942 was the decisive month of the second world war.
This scenario attempts to recreate the fierce, hard struggle on Eastern front from November 1942 to January 1943.
The 1942 winter offensives of the Red Army were incredibly strong and coordinated:
1942 November 19 "Uranus"
1942 November 24 "Mars"
1942 December 12 German "Winter Storm"
1942 December 16 "Little Saturn"
1943 January 13 "Ostrogoshk-Rossosh
1943 January 24 "Voronezh-Kastornoe"

Actually i only tested this scenario for a German human player against Soviet AI.

The German player must organize all Axis Eastern Front forces to stop the powerful Red Army Offensives.

You can find that it is a very hard work also knowing the historical sequence and power of the Soviet strikes and without Hitler on your back.

You can see how difficult is making vital decision to save or lost your precious divisions.

Attachments
Senzatitolo0.jpg
Senzatitolo0.jpg (303.4 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

Oberst_Klink

RE: November 1942

Post by Oberst_Klink »

OMG! This is just what one would expect only from the one and only 'Maestro'! I am currently revising the combat value table; I have to ask Vic or Cameron about some discrepancies though...

Klink, Oberst

Attachments
cats.jpg
cats.jpg (73.28 KiB) Viewed 3465 times
My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

OMG, this must have been very hard work, which I thank you for. Look forward to downloading the completed game at some point.
A Sharif
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

The Reds launch "URANUS"

Attachments
uranus1.jpg
uranus1.jpg (314.6 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

This time i approve General Paulus orders: "the mobile divisions of XIV PzK must disengage from Stalingrad and redeploy on the back of the 6th Army"
I must save the romanian divisions already in dire straits!

Attachments
uranus2.jpg
uranus2.jpg (249.72 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

I also order immediately to abandon Demjansk and redeploy many precious divisions!

Attachments
demjansk.jpg
demjansk.jpg (230.93 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

I mod the map to allow the retreat of 17th Armee in Crimea, a fake island and two bridge !

Attachments
crimea2.jpg
crimea2.jpg (264.94 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

In the Stalingrad sector, with timely retreat the 6th Armee is saved, with heavy losses, but it is 12 december and soon many new Red Armies will be activated !
I noted that next turn i must save Balck 11th Panzer Division isolated after last attack!

Attachments
12dec.jpg
12dec.jpg (342.42 KiB) Viewed 3463 times

Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

One word...………… WOW.
A Sharif
Vic

Post by Vic »

Impressive to see the whole Russian front in action on this scale.

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Great stuff
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Thanks! the scenario work every day better (today i work on 48th build).
I restart for the 99th?? time the scenario after revising all the officers (now 212 axis and 177 soviets), and i noted a more aggressive soviet AI !
The AI use the officers cards ?
I revised also the officers stats and this improve the AI ! WOW

Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: nikdav

Thanks! the scenario work every day better (today i work on 48th build).
I restart for the 99th?? time the scenario after revising all the officers (now 212 axis and 177 soviets), and i noted a more aggressive soviet AI !
The AI use the officers cards ?
I revised also the officers stats and this improve the AI ! WOW

Yes the AI uses the Cards, but it is very lousy in timing them properly.

For seasoned players I advise turning on some small advantages for the AI. The vr_ai_lib=>global libvars=>Extra Advantage=>Yes should offset it. :)

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Thanks Vic !
I start testing the extra advantage effect.

I had trouble with the officer pool. I had only manstein for the germans, how can i add others generals ?

Attachments
Senzatitolo2.jpg
Senzatitolo2.jpg (86.73 KiB) Viewed 3465 times

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

If i select a units without officers i can see all the other generals ! but when i select a HQ i see only Manstein. (but Manstein had a german cross and is listed on the left)

Attachments
Senzatitolo4.jpg
Senzatitolo4.jpg (123.25 KiB) Viewed 3465 times

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

If i select an axis units (2nd Hungarian Army) the pool is empty.

Attachments
Senzatitolo3.jpg
Senzatitolo3.jpg (122 KiB) Viewed 3465 times

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

This looks great. Take it from someone who made a gigantic scenario recently: You are doing good work! :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi Nikdav,

Its probably due to the Officers having a different people (like 'Universals') than the Unit (like 'Wehrmacht').
Or for that matter you cannot assign a Hungarian General to a German Unit and vice-versa.

One of the core rules of DC:ComProj is that the officers people stat must match that of the unit in order to be assigned to it.

The idea was when you import the Officer libraries you specify which 'people' they should be substituted by. Ideally you would have made a separate library for each people.
See also here:
http://www.vrdesigns.net/atwiki/doku.ph ... brary_load

Something must have gone awry here.
To get some more info you could enable the advanced editor to just take a peek at your generals (his->people stat to the left of that window)..
(yeah.. i should make the officers 'people' stat visible in the simple editor as well, noted it)

Probably means reloading your officers and this time substituting them with the correct people.

If you had a library with all the different nationalities officers in them, like all mixed in the same library. The best way is probably to remove the library and split it up in several libraries and then load them one-by-one and reassign all the officers.

Bit messy.

Workaround is to use the advanced editor to manually set their 'people', but that would be overridden once you reload the officer library.

Let me know if this info can help you resolve this. If not i'll see if I can think of a cunning plan to address this.

Best wishes,
Vic
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Vic, the strange thing was why Manstein is avaiable in the pool ?
I remember that some days ago I placed the "AG DON" with Manstein on the map but than i delete it and made a reinforcement card.
Now i placed on the map Korp Cramer and delete it (I made another reinforcement card), and now i had also General Cramer in the pool..............interesting and safe solution!
The editor assign the correct people to the general automatically. I must place and delete some other generals and the pool is ready.

Attachments
Senzatitolo12.jpg
Senzatitolo12.jpg (165.13 KiB) Viewed 3465 times

Vic

Post by Vic »

:)

Your completely right.
In fact in the data-back office the moment a Commander is assigned he takes the 'People' of the Unit in question.

However keep in mind once you reload the library it will reset the 'People' of the Commanders that are NOT inside a unit.

Best wishes,
Vic

Return to “Scenario Design with the Community Project”