What mean the number color, don't seem RGB value ! and what's " no color"

Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (92.78 KiB) Viewed 478 times

lancer

RE: People color

Post by lancer »

Hi nikdav,

They are indeed RGB color values, Red - Green - Blue. 'No color' is for when colors don't apply as for the transparent bmp graphics shown above.

Cheers,
Cameron
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

What I don't understand (and I've tried to change unit colors in the editor) is why the colors that come out of the editor seem to have different RGB values than what you put in.

I was going to mod the unit colors for the vanilla game (lighten the Finns and make different color choices for the Romanians, Hungarians, and Italians) but ended up abandoning the project because the editor was ignoring the color values that I was trying to use.

If I didn't understand how the advanced editor worked (likely) and was merely doing something wrong, I might revive the project.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Philippe,

To be honest I've had the same problem. As far as I can tell there is some kind of interaction between the Regime colors and People colors that impacts stuff like flags. I used trial and error which can be a time intensive exercise. Vic may be able to chime in with an explanation.

Thanks for the kind words elsewhere. I had to google Mr Weller. I followed your recommendation on that one. It's good.

Cheers,
Cameron
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi,

The color of the icon should be the regime color (advanced editor) or if specified the people color (intermediate editor or advanced editor).

This color is then modified by any color specified for the historical unit (intermediate editor or advanced editor). Historical unit colors are NOT rgb but rgb modify values. So for example if regime color = 255,0,0 and historical unit color = 50,50,50 then the result would be 255,50,50.

best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Interesting Vic, so for people "no color = regime color", but so what are the default regime color numbers ? and is the same for both DC3 and CP ?

nikdav

Post by nikdav »

a useful table: the RGB value Historical units = (regime color + people color ) ?

Attachments
rgbvalue.gif
rgbvalue.gif (238.93 KiB) Viewed 478 times

Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

How do you actually use that table, and what does the first line refer to?

(You can construct colors pretty much at will in Windows Paint, and if you do it in the color editor it gives the RGB as well as luminosity, etc.)
nikdav

Post by nikdav »

Hi Philippe,
I find this table some times ago, you see the color, the RGB value and the first line is the HEX value (used on html/xml pages). I like this table because simulate a counters view.
The RGB value are the real RGB, so, if i understand Vic, we need to know the people or regime color to mod the colors for the game.

Return to “Mods”