a very good job !

Killjoy12

RE: Der Kuenstler's Realistic Terrain Mod

Post by Killjoy12 »

Looks really nice - thanks!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

yes seems the community action is hotting up with some great mods out there now, might even need to try some myself if i get time to ever play it again[8|][;)]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Grestok

Post by Grestok »

Hello !

First of all, thank you for this amazing modding work that makes the game even better ![&o]

It's really a great mod, but there are problems with the grid. When you uncheck the option, we always see some contours. (See the screenshot of budd ** ** posted above for example). Too bad. You think there's a way to fix this? [&:]

Thank you.
wodin

Post by wodin »

Love your mod..superb. Can't remember how big a hex is but I think stalingrad needs to cover more than one hex.
Der Kuenstler

Post by Der Kuenstler »

ORIGINAL: Grestok

It's really a great mod, but there are problems with the grid. When you uncheck the option, we always see some contours. (See the screenshot of budd ** ** posted above for example). Too bad. You think there's a way to fix this? [&:]

Thank you.

Yes unfortunately I play with the grid on so I never noticed that. There's a setting in Photoshop I discovered recently that would correct the problem, but it would require repainting all the hexes over again.

"The Führer believes that this campaign will be over by autumn...I hope the Führer is right." Field-Marshal Walther von Reichenau, 1941

My Featured Mods:
DK's Distressed UI
DK's Subtle Sounds
Templer_12

Post by Templer_12 »

Looks nice, but it won't work with me.

1. I didn't replaced the water files. But the rivers are brown.
2. On my map are still the vanilla trees.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

I also cannot get the mod to work with the latest (1.03m) patch. Any suggestions as to how one can get the patch to not overwrite to the vanilla trees?
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Did you install the mod after the patch?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Yes sir; both by importing the zip and then attempting manually.
*Formerly known as Marcus the Leper, time has taken a toll and now I am simply a skeleton...*
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

I'm guessing that what is happening is that there are some general textures (four?) that get invoked by the barbarossa.exe file that are overlaying whatever is in the mod. The solution for this might have to wait until the kinks in the new terrain style get ironed out.

But in the interim you might want to try the patch without the mod, because the new terrain in the patch is a major terrain mod in its own right.

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

10-4, thank you for the response Philippe. I will wait until the patch goes gold. The terrain mod is so good, it makes it tough going back to the vanilla textures. Gives me time to complete my current game as well.
kosmoface

Post by kosmoface »

I looked into the files, to maybe fix this great mod..but to no avail :(
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

Has anyone been able to find the fix for this so we can add the wonderful tree modifications from this mod?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

*Bump* Was there ever a fix to enable the tree/forest graphics to the mod?
Sotomonte

Post by Sotomonte »

Hello:

If someone still want to know the solution: the problem is that now, the game don't use some of the textures from the classic folders, for example: the "big" forest texture is not more the archive from graphics/BarbBIG/forest, it is now in graphics/BarbBIG/improvements. And the same appens with "fields" and "woods" archives.

Un saludo.
JohnRa

Re: Der Kuenstler's Realistic Terrain Mod

Post by JohnRa »

Being somewhat late to the party, I can't get this working. It replaces the water, but not the rest. So I end up with the more sepia water hexes and the very colorful land hexes.

Has there been any other solution so far?
thekorben

Re: Der Kuenstler's Realistic Terrain Mod

Post by thekorben »

JohnRa wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:54 pm Being somewhat late to the party, I can't get this working. It replaces the water, but not the rest. So I end up with the more sepia water hexes and the very colorful land hexes.

Has there been any other solution so far?
Hi, I just bought this game and tried to install the mod (even using the solution proposed by Sotomonte) but I noticed the same thing. It seems there is a completely new texturing system used here that prevents some of the changes from the mod to have any effect on plains and marshes.

I tried changing this by adapting the hue, saturation and lightness of the files in the Barb/Textures, BarbBIG/Textures and BarbSMALL/Textures folder so they fit much better with the other changes from this mod. I have attached screenshots of two different variants that look nice in my opinion. One is a bit more greenish so the fields fit in better, the other reproduces Der Kuenstler's original color mapping a bit better. If it's of any help to anybody, I can upload my changes so you can patch your game as well.

On important thing however is that I have not managed to find a way to get the actual marsh or plain bitmaps from Der Kuenstler back into the game. Those are completely replaced by the "Textures" data so you're stuck with whatever those images look like. But I think changing the hue already takes it 90 percent of the way.
Attachments
dcbarbfix_lightbrown.jpg
dcbarbfix_lightbrown.jpg (605.76 KiB) Viewed 917 times
dcbarbfix.jpg
dcbarbfix.jpg (546.08 KiB) Viewed 923 times

Return to “Mods”