Decision for rail conversion works on an opposite way

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Vic

Kolyan77

Decision for rail conversion works on an opposite way

Post by Kolyan77 »

Hi
Decision which triggers extra rail conversion effort works in a opposite way:

- I am using 8 PP option to boost my conversion effort in army group centre but the results actually gives me "less rail troops"
This effectively killed my previous game where by rail effort became 0 and on turn 12 my army group centre was getting 4-5 trains a day.

- I started a new game and on turn 2 my army group south decision gives the same value impact:
> I am choosing the expensive option to help Rail troops.
> the rail General gets impressed ( boost in relationship)
!!!but tail troops get LESS effort as a result of the decision!!

I am running latest patch 1.5 through steam. No mods used.

PS
Also a small clarification on panzers replacements.
Perhaps not a bug but I am not following the way it works:
- turn 10 I am getting the first wave of replacements
- I can see a long list of troops/hardware sitting in Berlin. All good but: But no panzers amongst the gear in the list.
- on turn 11 replacements flow into front units. I can see my all three PGs rise in numbers
Of panzers operational ( about 120 arrived overall ) but no details on repl rcvd on individuals divisions tabs and overall statistics screen.
How many came through ? Where can I see this ? A bug ?

lancer

RE: Decision for rail conversion works on an opposite way

Post by lancer »

Hi Kolyan,

Thanks for that, I'll take a look.

Cheers,
Cameron
Kolyan77

Post by Kolyan77 »

Hi thanks.
Started another game and clearly see all rail conversion across all three fronts decisions give me opposite results.
I have all save files if need be.

PS.
I can see panzers replacements now arriving.
All clear.
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Kolyan77,

Had a look.

There are three Eisenbahntruppe decisions that each have a 50% chance of triggering on the first turn
- Motorise Eisenbahntruppe
- Supply Eisbahntruppe
- Rest Eisenbahntruppe

I checked the underlying data for all three and they all Add to the rail conversion efforts, as they should.

I ran the game until I got all 3 together, chose the expensive option for all and noted that the rail conversion effort went up with each decision I made (ended up being around 50).

A bug is always a possibility but there a no dependencies for these decision that could affect them (that I could find, it's been a while since I poked around this deep in the code) and you're the only guy in four years who has reported such a thing so I'm inclined to think that it's local to yourself.

A couple of obvious things to check.

The decisions all give the rail conversion efforts in the same format, eg. 'adjustments to construction Bn's efforts +15 (previously 24)'
That's saying that it was already 24 and that it's now gone up by 15 (so it'd be 39), not that it's dropped from 24 to 15.

Perhaps not as clear as it could be.

The rail conversion effort for each theatre will degrade over time depending on weather, partisans and a number of ongoing related decisions (especially the ones where you decide to let them, or not, operate in the 'insecure zone') so it's possible that you could boost them at the start and. with the right circumstances, you'll gradually run out of construction battalions over time (they were something that the Germans were chronically short of).

See if the above helps any. If not, I'll need more specifics in order to hone in on the issue.

Cheers,
Cameron
Kolyan77

Post by Kolyan77 »

Hi, thank you for your reply.
Just to clarify: the opening decisions on turn 1 are working correctly.

MY original post is on those that follow later: security, signaling, infrastructure.
I am puzzled about is why by choosing the expensive options to please general Gerche I am getting two mutually exclusive results:
- the general Gerche gets impressed
- the rail troops get "less" conversion effort.
Maybe a glitch. Maybe intentional.
I will aim to finish my current game and see if I can reinstall to see if this is the same
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Kolyan,

That helps narrow it down, thanks.

It appears that you're correct. The expensive option for Signalling does indeed subtract from the rail conversion effort, not add to it. I'll check the others and sort something out.

Award yourself an Iron Cross for exemplary bug spotting.

Cheers,
Cameron
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Kolyan,

I've sent a file to Vic to put out as a patch. Not sure how long that will take as it has to go through a process but I can send something to you directly if you want it faster (cameron dot tasmania dot gmail dot com).

The Signaling Equipment and Infrastructure decisions were both incorrect, as you've indicated.

The Eisenbahntruppe decision (operating in the Insecure Zone) does drop your rail conversion effort if you take the expensive option but this is working as intended. The Germans pushed their construction Bn's well ahead of where they could safely operate (they were desperate) and took heavy casualties as a result.

The decision (expensive option) causes the aforementioned drop as it's something that will happen regardless (you can't dodge history with this one) but what it does do is to prevent any more of the same decisions occuring, eg. it stops the Bn's working in the insecure zone, which saves you a significant amount over the long run. If you don't take this option the decision will keep coming back with potentially more losses.

You're taking a gamble. Either pull your Bn's back to be a more safer footing and take an initial hit when you do so or leave them in the insecure zone for maximum effort and hope that they don't get hurt too badly (the frequency of the repeat decisions is variable as is the losses incurred if you choose the 'continue operating in the insecure zone' option).

Cheers,
Cameron
Kolyan77

Post by Kolyan77 »

Great!
Will drop you an email.
I presume I should finish my current game (Turn 17) before applying this fix.

I see the point with Security decisions. The logic is clear to me now.
JoeyBlau

Post by JoeyBlau »

And here I have been dutifully selecting improve the signaling and rebuild the infrastructure! Thinking I was doing good and staring at grey and red train lines...
JoeyBlau

Post by JoeyBlau »

any update on this?
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Joey,

All good.

patch

Cheers,
Cameron
JoeyBlau

Post by JoeyBlau »

Thx! This is one of the better games.. very re-playable.

But why is brauschwitz so grumpy?

Return to “Tech Support”