Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa has been updated to 1.05.5!

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

Tamas

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa has been updated to 1.05.5!

Post by Tamas »

Hi all!

The patch has been updated with the fix of the 2nd Army bug! Please make sure to grab the latest update called 1.05.5

Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa has been updated to 1.05!

You can download the update from here or here

Please, check out the changelog below:

1. Text added to tool tip in Relationship tab to highlight data that is valid at the start of the turn but that may have changed since.

2. Detailed Panzergruppe Reports will no longer display if the PG has no remaining units apart from the PG HQ (which automatically reconstitutes if overrun).

3. Similarly, to prevent your German Chief of Staff having a nervous breakdown, the Honour Roll has been expanded to handle a much larger number of lost units (it choked previously after, roughly, 40 Div's or HQ's had gone under). It should now safely handle the loss of, almost, the entire German OOB.

4. Tweaked the rule that has Soviet units auto-surrendering after a certain time of being cut-off (which they did historically once they had expended their ammunition). Now any Soviet units in the Black Sea ports of Odessa and Sevastopol will be exempt from this rule as they have adequate supplies, by sea, to fight on. This will make taking Odessa and Sevastopol more of challenge if defended by the Soviets. Units adjacent to these ports, or nearby, won't benefit from the exemption, only those inside the ports will do so.

To maintain a reasonable balance the new, exempt-from-surrender rules, will only apply to PBEM games and games where the Player is commanding the Soviets. For those that assume command of the Germans and play the AI there will be no change (the AI will still surrender units in these ports after a certain time with the exception of Garrisons).

Riga, being on the Baltic Sea and more susceptible to the Luftwaffe, will continue to play as normal regardless of settings, eg. Garrisons will never surrender but any Divisions may do so after a period of being Cut-Off.

5. Grozny and Mackhach-Kala are no longer viable FSB locations in AGS. Chechyna and the Republic of Dagestan have withdrawn their welcome mat.

6. There was an edge case with the death of poor old Hugo that allowed his War Diary to continue posthumously. No more. The Diary should now, finally, die with Hugo.

7. If 2nd Army HQ (German) is destroyed it wasn't automatically reconstituting the following turn. The bug was specific to 2nd Army HQ as it's the only German HQ that arrives as a reinforcement which created an issue under certain circumstances. Fixed.
Tamas

RE: Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa has been updated to 1.05.5!

Post by Tamas »

New patch is out with the fix for the 2nd Army bug! Post and thread title updated to reflect it.
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

Has the Steam version been updated as well?
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Philippeatbay

Has the Steam version been updated as well?

yes it has
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

And these patches 1.05 and 1.055 have exactly the same name and the same numbers of bytes??? or the links are bad or not updated?
EDIT: The good link is here: http://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Decisive ... v105.5.zip
Vic

Post by Vic »

Hi,

If for any reason you have doubt the 1.05v5 patch properly installed.

You can do the following:

1. Start a new game by clicking Barbarossa button in the main menu. In the scenario setup window it says '105v5' and '3rd january' below the title of the scenario in tiny font.

2. Once you started the scenario go to BRIEF tab => go to CONFIG subtab and check the scenario version. If it says 28 you have the latest version installed.

@Eriss: The difference with the previous version is just a change of the barbarossa.dc3 file, which might very well have a very similar byte size.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

ORIGINAL: Vic
@Eriss: The difference with the previous version is just a change of the barbarossa.dc3 file, which might very well have a very similar byte size.
But you didn't updated the more important
: the links. At least one is still targeting 1.05, not 1.05.5
ORIGINAL: Tamas
New patch is out with the fix for the 2nd Army bug! Post and thread title updated to reflect it.
Please update the DL links too.
Tamas

Post by Tamas »

ORIGINAL: ErissN6

Please update the DL links too.

Meant to do that as well, sorry. Links are now up to date.

Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

My Steam installation is showing version 1.05 and not 1.055 on the menu screen. Is something amiss?
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Philippeatbay

My Steam installation is showing version 1.05 and not 1.055 on the menu screen. Is something amiss?
Hi,

If for any reason you have doubt the 1.05 (v5) patch properly installed.

You can do the following:

1. Start a new game by clicking Barbarossa button in the main menu. In the scenario setup window it says '105v5' and '3rd january' below the title of the scenario in tiny font.

2. Once you started the scenario go to BRIEF tab => go to CONFIG subtab and check the scenario version. If it says 28 you have the latest version installed.

Best wishes,
Vic
Philippeatbay

Post by Philippeatbay »

I've got scenario version 28 on Steam, so it seems to be updating.

It would have been much better to simply show version 1.055 on the initial menu screen.

If it only shows 1.05 you can't tell at a glance whether you have the 2nd Army bug or not.
Energisteron

Post by Energisteron »

Hi Vic

Great game. Phenomenally detailed yet very playable.

About the updates:-

1. Purchased and downloaded 01-April-2018, and used 'Check for update button' on Start-up Screen; returned 'You have latest version'

2. Version number shown on Scenario Selection page is v1.05, and the Scenario 'Barbarossa' is dated 31-March-2017

3. On my first playthrough 2nd Army arrives as a reinforcement and I am immediately penalised Political Points for it being 'Out of theatre' (it is right on the border of AGN and AGC). Is this as intended?

4. If I do need to update will my current game still be viable?

Thanks in advance
Energisteron

Post by Energisteron »

Hi

I've continued my playthrough and may have found a glitch. Is this what has been fixed by the latest patch?

2nd Army arrived of its own accord, I didn't ask for it to be deployed. Its HQ arrived in Kaunas with no superior HQ, not even OKH, and certainly it hadn't been designated a theatre of operations.

The next turn while wondering what to do with this new HQ, several 2nd Army Divisions arrived on the map spontaneously (correctly stacked with their HQ in Kaunas). Immediately these new units incurred a PP penalty for being out-of-theatre even though 2nd Army hadn't been allocated to AGN, AGC, or AGS (not by me anyway and it was still indicated as 'No HQ').

Realizing there was now a Command Card offering the option to deploy 2nd Army to AGC (nowhere else) I used it. I was asked for a deployment city and chose Minsk. A duplicate 2nd Army HQ appeared in Minsk. Fortunately there's no evidence that duplicate divisions have followed it there!

I moved all units across the border into AGC theatre (which was now definitely their zone) but still incurred a (greater) penalty next turn.

Have I really glitched-up this game?

Also, as per mu query above, if I have not got v 1.05.5, and I do update, will it make this game unplayable going forward?

Thanks in advance

Here's a screenie:-

Attachments
2A_twice.jpg
2A_twice.jpg (173.96 KiB) Viewed 865 times
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi Energestiron,

The bug is a known one and has been fixed but you'll need the patch in this thread.

It's also possible that you've already patched the game correctly but that you're playing a game that commenced prior to applying the patch.

You'll need to restart either way.

Cheers,
Cameron
Energisteron

Post by Energisteron »

Thanks for confirmation, Cameron

No harm done. I was only about 5 turns in so it was a great training exercise! I'd overlooked the Finnish front till turn 3 anyway! :-)

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”