Nato symbols

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Vic

LiquidSky

RE: Vote for realistic representation of NATO symbols

Post by LiquidSky »

Its a pretty easy fix...all I did was put a big white dot in the middle of the graphic with the little 'A' and all my divisional artillery looks like artillery. Redmarkas did something similar, he put the big white dot where the 'a' is. I also put a PZ in the middle of the panzer graphic that says 'pz' for a similar effect. As for having the XX for all the units that belong to the XX, I have no problem with it. I mostly keep my divisions in one hex, or at least next to each other.

And since all division units are treated equally, there is no confusion as there would be if you could combine the divisonal units into one counter.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
heyhellowhatsnew

Post by heyhellowhatsnew »

Make it an option for a future patch?
OldBlackNerd.com Grognard Gaming, Gaming videos and Current Events
wallas

Post by wallas »

nato did not exist in 1942 so why would we use there symbols. For me historical accuracy is my choice of direction.
Redmarkus5

Post by Redmarkus5 »

ORIGINAL: wallas

nato did not exist in 1942 so why would we use there symbols. For me historical accuracy is my choice of direction.

Hmmm... Except that I didn't exist in 1942 either. I learned the NATO system (like most players) and it's much easier to play with that than to learn the 1942 system as well.
WitE2 tester, WitW, WitP, CMMO, CM2, GTOS, GTMF, WP & WPP, TOAW4, BA2
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

That was my first exposure to the German system. Actually, when you get used to it, the german system gives you a wealth of knowledge all at once. It gives calibre of wpns, type, formation size, numbers, transport type....all in a nice compact format.

I am a bit surprised that the computer world doesn't adopt it for that reason.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
TigerTC

Post by TigerTC »

Yeah, I just downloaded this and am not happy with the counters. The NATO symbol system is designed to provide maximum information with minimal effort. This system is confusing.

Are there any mods out there with better symbology?

Return to “The War Room”