HQs

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Vic

vakarr

HQs

Post by vakarr »

I'm playing my first game (the Bzura)and understand the role of HQs in providing a supply chain, however do they have another role? I notice you can get an HQ range option to show on the map - does this show where the influence of the HQ leader and staff applies? Also, what exactly is the effect of cutting supply - does it just reduce the supply percentage and readiness, or is there a point when an out of supply unit can't move? It seems that an enemy unit that has no friendly hex to move to, even if it is not surrounded, can't move, although my troops don't have that problem. A lot of rules in this game are similar to those in "Hearts of Iron III", maybe I should just follow what happens in that game.
Sensei.Tokugawa

RE: HQs

Post by Sensei.Tokugawa »

Depending the quality and traits of a particular commander and his staff they can enhance the performance of the units they command so it's exactly C & C chain - one of the best and most realistic I have ever seen in a wargame. Besides various commanders have a different set of action cards and the pobabilty of getting the active differs form one to another. Finally - combination of all those factors sum up to commanders and their HQ being really personalized instead of generic entities.

Supply really needs open MSRs that may be cut - I am playing the Bzura scenario in the PBEM mode as Poles and am facing such grave situation with a pocket forming west of Warsaw - and then apparently there's little chance to lean on a virtual overland supply net as in most wargames where one gets a substracted supply value for each hex like the forces would be able to live off the land always and everyhere.
"-What if one doesn't make it?
-Then we know he was no good for SpetsNaz. ..."
V. Suvorov, "Spetsnaz;the Story behind the Soviet SAS"

...No escape from Passchendaele .../ God Dethroned, "Passiondale"

Return to “The War Room”