Persistent APS vs. Classic APS

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

blackcloud6

Persistent APS vs. Classic APS

Post by blackcloud6 »

What is the difference between these two rules: Persistent APS vs. Classic APS?
Cataphract88

RE: Persistent APS vs. Classic APS

Post by Cataphract88 »

The Classic AP Rules replicate the board game in that once you activate a unit you must continue with it until its Action Points are expired. If you click onto another unit,before the first units AP have expired, you will not be able to go back to using the first unit again, until the next turn. Anyway, the game's manual explains this a lot better than my feeble attempt - you want pages 37-38.

I prefer the Persistent rules myself, as you make a lot less infuriating mistakes that way, and it gives you a lot more choice as what to do.

I guess Classic is good if you want a tougher game!
Richard
blackcloud6

Post by blackcloud6 »

Thanks. That is what I thought it was but when changed to use that rule, i could still go back and forth between units like in Persistent AP. Maybe you can't change it mid-scenario or have to restart the program to make it work?
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

That may well be the reason (but I've never tried switching). The Persistent/Classic settings have always worked as they should for me (so far, at least - fingers crossed!).
Richard

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”