Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

erichswafford

RE: Storm of Steel Coupon for Awakening the Bear Owners

Post by erichswafford »

Thanks for the $10 off. This game is still far less than the equivalent boardgame and is worth a lot more to me!
"It is right to learn, even from the enemy."
- Ovid
svenevil

Post by svenevil »

Just bought Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel... forgetting to enter my serial of Awakening the Bear... I thought the discount would be automatically applied. Any chance to still get the discount (or a voucher for future purchases) for stupid guys?
budd

Post by budd »

you still get the $10 discount during the sale?

yup the code worked, got the $10 off.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
svenevil

Post by svenevil »

yes it does... but it is not automatically applied like on steam :-(.
budd

Post by budd »

once i put in my serial# for ATB it recalculated to the $10 off price.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

ORIGINAL: Dorb

Serious, sorry to ruffle feathers with ya. we are all gamers and have different views on our hobby. I am glad they have brought this to the PC and support it. I know how hard it is to find local players to play board games with, let alone "War" Board games. Call me old school, but I work 9 hours a day for the last 26 years and have no problem with supporting folks that make something that allows me to chill out and enjoy my down time along with a couple of cold ones. Cheers.
I second that too!
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

Is this $10:00 off still Valid as i just bought ATB on Steam,i wanted all three then i saw this.Should i have just bought Storms of Steel then?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: IckieStickie

Is this $10:00 off still Valid as i just bought ATB on Steam,i wanted all three then i saw this.Should i have just bought Storms of Steel then?
It's valid for those who bought AtB on our store (not on Steam store) and wish to buy SoS.
berto

Post by berto »

What the heck. At $10 off, I purchased the SoS expansion. Under Steam, no problem with the install, and the game appears to be running fine.

Still a very nice game system.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
dox44

Post by dox44 »

way to go Berto! some real nice scenarios in there. enjoy.

casebier
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

Damn,ive messed up there then,the last time i looked on matrix the night before it became available on Steam(i was checking daily as i knew it was about to be released on steam)and matrix were selling for £32.99(now dropped to£25.99) so when i first saw it on steam for £20.00 i snapped it up!..Then i saw the other two!,thought id like all of them,now its going to cost me £50.00 to get them all.:( I should have got sos and ghost div from here,except lack of info caused this.Now i feel im stuck with the First one,when i should have just got sos instead,as i dont want to buy the SAME game twice,im NOT a mug.Now i feel like not buying the other two out of spite and we all lose out now,I wish it was made more clear guys seriously.Now im about to review my purchase from steam,what do you think im going to put?seeing as it seems pointless to BUy the first one as i hear you get it included with SoS its not likely to be positive.EDIT:>OR i could apply for a refund?5 hours of play,not sure if id get it?
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

Your refund request is now pending,Im playing it now,and im really liking this game too,its left me really confused at to what version i should be getting?so im not really bothered now about a refund at all,tbh i just want all three games but with a little discount thats all,and this always is all im after.I can still buy the SoS from matrix cant i?...and they all will work fine right?maybe if i buy SoS do i get a little discount for the small DLC?
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

its just annoying to see discounts after you've purchased the game thats all.
IckieStickie

Post by IckieStickie »

ORIGINAL: tgb

Ghost Divisions sells for $15, contains two campaigns made up of 10 new scenarios, so you are paying $1.50 each. Storms of Steel contains 15 new scenarios, plus the original game. So for $30 you get a bunch of stuff you already have, and 15 scenarios at $2 each. I still say it's a crummy deal for people who own the base game. Matrix is forcing you to repurchase what you already own.
This^^is what i saw :) and IF hes right that you do get the first game in with SoS then i should have just got GD and SoS,the fact that no where did i see this untill afterwards is frustrating,i bet im not the only one who makes this mistake.Ive been w aiting for weeks for these to hit steam,all three have been in Cart for a week for purchase,but they way its hit steam with the First game being discounted too,makes you go for that one first!,it isnt untill your about to purchase the rest when you realise this is a great game,and it IS,that you notice this fundamental error.Hopefully they will refund me actually then i can just purchase the other two instead.Steams refund policy has never worked for me so far,so im not holding up much hope with the five hours already in game.^^
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

The SoS expansion doesn't contain any of the campaigns/scenarios that come with the original AtB. SoS is an expansion for AtB.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

ORIGINAL: chemkid

btw, your AtB serial is also good for a discount on Ghost Divisions! [:)]
Only if it was bought from Slitherine/Matrix store.
chemkid

Post by chemkid »

nbstokes

Post by nbstokes »

I am trying to buy SOS and I have bought AtB on Slitherine but it says my serial number is not valid for coupon code. Can I please be advised of how to get my $10 discount.

Thanks

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”