Wish List

This exciting new release is a faithful adaptation of the renowned Conflict of Heroes board game that won the Origins Historical Game of the Year, Charles Roberts Wargame of the Year and the James F. Dunnigan Design Elegance Award, as well as many others!

Designed and developed in cooperation with Uwe Eickert, the original designer of Conflict of Heroes, and Western Civlization Software, the award-winning computer wargame studio, no effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the computer. Conflict of Heroes includes an AI opponent as well as full multiplayer support with an integrated forum and game lobby. To remain true to the core gameplay of the board game, the PC version is designed to be fun, fast and easy to play, though hard to master. The game design is also historically accurate and teaches and rewards platoon and company-level combined arms tactics without overwhelming the player with rules.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

DoubleDeuce

RE: Wish List

Post by DoubleDeuce »

I've seen mention of it already but I would really like to see more units from the CoH boardgame added in especially the German Armored Cars. Would also like to see the rest of the cards added into the available card deck, especially the Weapon Cards.
Charly G

Post by Charly G »

Additionnal Firefights can't be played in the multiplayer lobby game. When you want to host a new game, it's not available.
I would like it will be possible to play in the multiplayer lobby game the scenarios created by players.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

ORIGINAL: Charly G

Additionnal Firefights can't be played in the multiplayer lobby game. When you want to host a new game, it's not available.
I would like it will be possible to play in the multiplayer lobby game the scenarios created by players.
I thought if the files were added to the ../Matrix Games/Conflict of Heroes Awakening the Bear/Data/Scenarios/Awakening the Bear folder you could play them in the MP Lobby? fb.asp?m=3155335
Charly G

Post by Charly G »

I think you'r right.
But if you follow (9. using custom firefights) in the game manual.
Unzip the scenarios to the My Documents/Western Civilization Software/Conflict of Heroes - Awakening the Bear/Data/Scenarios folder or Maps folder and then they will show up in-game in the Play Game -> Additional Firefights menu.
It's very confusing. Why an additionnal Firefights menu if you can't use it to play in the MP lobby.
Jamm

Post by Jamm »

Charly, you have to place them in your Matrix games folder.
In one of their original scenario sections say Awakening the Bear, or others.
Then they are available for mp. I've done this and played them in the lobby.
When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-wor ... =bookmarks
Charly G

Post by Charly G »

Thanks for the information.
What's the use of My Documents/Western Civilization Software/Conflict of Heroes - Awakening the Bear/Data/Scenarios folder or Maps folder if not necessary ?
Jamm

Post by Jamm »

What's the use of My Documents/Western Civilization Software/Conflict of Heroes - Awakening the Bear/Data/Scenarios folder or Maps folder if not necessary ?

I don't know why it was designed this way because you have to do a workaround to play custom scenarios online.

4 map files go into Matrix games/ ConflictofHeroesAwakeningtheBear/Data/Maps

2 scenario files go into Matrix Games/ConflictofHeroesAwakeningtheBear/Data/Scenarios/AwakeningtheBear
or /FrontierFirefights or /TheCommandingHeights
or /PointBuyFirefights

Put them into those folders and they should be available when in the lobby.
Hunter S Thompson

ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

It's designed this way because Microsoft specs are that applications allow users to store all user data in a unified location off of the (My)Documents directory.

For the next patch we've added a "Custom Lobby Firefights" folder inside the main game directory. Any custom firefights placed here will be available in the lobby. I've added code in the next patch that will prevent the game from crashing if you try to play a firefight in the lobby that you don't actually have on your hard-drive.
DoubleDeuce

Post by DoubleDeuce »

Isn't that folder setup a security thing that started with the VISTA version of Windows, that User Account crap or sum such?
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

ORIGINAL: Double Deuce
Isn't that folder setup a security thing that started with the VISTA version of Windows, that User Account crap or sum such?

I think it is part of that change. If the computer has certain UAC settings, then the game editor won't be able to write any files to the game directory. Beyond security reasons, Microsoft was also encouraging applications to put all their user data files in one place so that when you want to back up your files, all you have to do is back up your (My)Documents directory, and then all your user files will be backed up.
JMass

Post by JMass »

ORIGINAL: junk2drive
Hotkey to flip the camera view 180 degrees. Second side player gets the viewpoint of player one toward player two. Crtl wheel works well enough but a key would be nice.
laska2k4
- smaller font for UI (battle log)
- smaller unit info panel

+1
"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection ... dgame&ff=1
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Hello All:

I notice that most of the map is dark (very dark) to indicate you cannot see these hexes. Good idea but the implementation takes away one of the beauties of the boardgame (the beautiful maps). It really looks very ugly IMO. Which is sad as the maps are actually very nice.

Any other way to show LOS that does not make the map look so dark/ugly?

Gerry
PKH

Post by PKH »

I'd like the movement/heading arrows to be displayed on top of any units in the hex a unit is about to move into. It can be hard to see at the moment when there are other units in that hex.
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

Side specific briefings. That way a player can know of his arty, wire and trenches, reinforcements, ahead of setup and maintain FOW. However as it currently stands, you can see your opponent's reinforcements and setup zone. So then...

Different levels of FOW: none, limited, extreme
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
tsnouffer

Post by tsnouffer »

In the game log at the bottom of the screen some sort of treatment that breaks up the actions between units. Meaning make it easier to tell what just happened by highlighting all of the relevant text from the latest action. Alternatively, alternate shading for each subsequent action.

As it is now, it runs together too much for me.

Thanks!

Games from the Front
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

I would like the map damage due to mortars and artillery to be toned down (I love the maps!). The map looks pretty ugly after a round. Just make the craters smaller? Would not change the game effects.

Gerry
Jamm

Post by Jamm »

ORIGINAL: Gerry

I would like the map damage due to mortars and artillery to be toned down (I love the maps!). The map looks pretty ugly after a round. Just make the craters smaller? Would not change the game effects.

Gerry
+1
It covers up terrain, and you have no idea what it is.
Hunter S Thompson

budd

Post by budd »

smaller UI
ability to close left and right info panels independently
multi story buildings
more board game maps
ability to use the L key in deployment screen
more FOW in info panel...right now it displays something like russian infantry #12 moves or names an APC moves...shouldn't it be more generic when you cant see the unit, or sound clues if there close enough to your units..i.e. russian armor moves. I don't think it should identify the unit if you have no LOS.
more city fights!!!!!!
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Ichili

Post by Ichili »

+1 to what **budd** says, and also:

Panzergrenadiers
STGs assault guns
T-60 tanks
Sewer movement
Day and night (and transitions between them: for instance, "The First Bid" scenario from Valor of The Guards - the initial German attempt to capture the Train Station at Stalingrad- starts at 16:30 and ends well into the night)
German and Russian Infantry guns
IronFist00

Post by IronFist00 »

ORIGINAL: Ichili

+1 to what **budd** says, and also:

Panzergrenadiers
STGs assault guns
T-60 tanks
German and Russian Infantry guns

These are all in Storms of Steel, the planned sequel for this year.
ORIGINAL: Ichili
Day and night (and transitions between them: for instance, "The First Bid" scenario from Valor of The Guards - the initial German attempt to capture the Train Station at Stalingrad- starts at 16:30 and ends well into the night)

The plan is for the board game to implement this with Guadalcanal, which hasn't been released yet. Doesn't mean it can't in the PC game sooner, just fyi.

Return to “Conflict of Heroes Series”