NATO Canadian Club SF2

Shock Force 2 brings you to a hypothetical conflict in Syria between the forces of NATO and the Syrian Army. Play either on WeGo or Real Time in an incredibly detailed and realistic 1:1 tactical simulation.
Bipman

NATO Canadian Club SF2

Post by Bipman »

Hi

I'm failing badly at NATO Canadian Club SF2. No matter how carefully I move, my vehicles get blown up in no time. Are there any tips to this scenario or anything recommended for reading?

Bipman
OldSarge

Re: NATO Canadian Club SF2

Post by OldSarge »

Well without giving any spoilers here is what I remember when I played it.
  • Use the camera to determine LOS from various positions to find suitable avenues of approach. The bomb factory is nestled next to an escarpment just to the north, take advantage of that fact. ;)
  • Mortars come in at ~5min, short air bursts over the factory area will clear the rooftops of bad guys. Save some ammo for the stronghold.
  • At the very least get some observers up on the high ground to the NW of the startup position, in METT-T terms this is key terrain. Careful though, if you can see them they can see you.
  • Dismounted troops are better at sighting but the G-Wagon only has a driver so if you want to use it's MG it'll have to remain mounted.
  • Wait for the engineers to arrive before assaulting the town. The Bushmaster on the LAV does an excellent job of knocking down walls, but the engineers also have det charges so either works.
Have fun!
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
Bipman

Re: NATO Canadian Club SF2

Post by Bipman »

Ah, that makes sense thanks!

Bipman

Return to “Combat Mission Shock Force 2”