space bar

Shock Force 2 brings you to a hypothetical conflict in Syria between the forces of NATO and the Syrian Army. Play either on WeGo or Real Time in an incredibly detailed and realistic 1:1 tactical simulation.
goodwoodrw

RE: space bar

Post by goodwoodrw »

Yer it's funny everyone uses the interface differently I have always used the space bar, for me it was like having my fingers cut off without it
Formerly Goodwood

HunterICX

Post by HunterICX »

^That's the same for me not able to use the WASD keys to move the camera around because pretty my whole library of strategy games I use the keyboard to move around on the maps and the mouse to look around (if it's 3D)it felt like my left arm was just useless meat I could chop off [:D]

Anyway glad I ran into that fix, it was driving me up the wall and now can finally start learning this game which I like so far.

Joch1955

Post by Joch1955 »

The Steam version is exactly the same as the Bfc version, I have both.

Hitting the space bar while you have a unit selected will bring up a menu on the screen. I use it all the time when dealing with many units.

If you are not seeing actions in the UI, there are two explanations: 1) you do not have a unit selected; or 2) you are in the WEGO replay phase.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

No not 100% correct, yes steam version works as intended. Matrix at least for me and one or two others, Space bar,WSAD and letters on command buttons don't work until above mentioned file is copied into the data folder file.
Formerly Goodwood

Joch1955

Post by Joch1955 »

Deleted
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Would probably have to agree with what ever you said.[:D]
Formerly Goodwood

OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

Apparently, Usually Hapless is having a similar issue with the Steam version.

CM Basics: Firefight 3

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
akd

Post by akd »

Strange, I just did a Steam install of CMSF2, and the hotkeys.txt file is present under both Data and UserData and hotkeys / spacebar functioning normally.
-AKD

Return to “Combat Mission Shock Force 2”