Combat Mission Shock Force 2 - Out on August 25th

Shock Force 2 brings you to a hypothetical conflict in Syria between the forces of NATO and the Syrian Army. Play either on WeGo or Real Time in an incredibly detailed and realistic 1:1 tactical simulation.
ledrobi

Combat Mission Shock Force 2 - Out on August 25th

Post by ledrobi »

EDIT: New release date September 1
We know many of you were anticipating the release of Combat Mission Shock Force 2.

Unfortunately, we have some bad news: we won't be able to release today as the game is still in the Steam review queue. It is entirely dependent on Steam, and there is nothing we can do but wait.

To stay on the safe side, we are delaying the release by one week; therefore, we will be releasing Combat Mission Shock Force 2 on Tuesday, September 1.

We apologize for the delay.

We are proud to announce that we’ve partnered with Battlefront to bring Combat Mission: Shock Force 2 to our stores. The game, and all its DLCs, will be available from August 25th on Matrix Games, Steam, and other digital stores.

We already work with Battlefront on some very engaging professional projects where Combat Mission is used for training and analysis purposes. We are now genuinely excited to be able to bring it to our wargaming community.

What is Combat Mission Shock Force 2

Shock Force 2 brings you to a hypothetical conflict in Syria between the forces of NATO and the Syrian Army, in which you can play either in real-time or with the innovative turn-based WeGo system. Take command of US Stryker Brigade Combat Teams (SBCT) and Heavy Brigade Combat Teams (HBCT) to fight against Syrian Army Infantry, Mechanized and Armored units in an arid setting. Experience the full range of modern threats to conventional military forces, including irregular combat forces, terrorists, spies, suicide bombers, IED's and other deadly tools employed in the asymmetric warfare of the modern-day. Play the Task Force Thunder campaign, more than a dozen carefully crafted battles, or unlimited Quick Battles. Shock Force 2 focuses on tactical platoon-level action and features both a single-player campaign and multiplayer (Hotseat or PBEM).

Check out the product pages to know more:

Combat Mission Shock Force 2
Combat Mission Shock Force 2: British Forces (DLC)
Combat Mission Shock Force 2: Marines (DLC)
Combat Mission Shock Force 2: NATO Forces (DLC)
Para87

RE: Combat Mission Shock Force 2 - Out on August 25th

Post by Para87 »

Excellent. Was waiting for the recent patch release before purchasing and now this.
Rebel Yell

Post by Rebel Yell »

Looking forward to the Matrix/Slitherine marketing power help keep the best tactical wargame series ever successful for another 20 years.
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

As I previously posted, still unanswered, will the silly e-licence be removed?
Formerly Goodwood

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

sorry to bump but...
Formerly Goodwood

Hartmann301

Post by Hartmann301 »

Will you guys eventually have games like 'Barbarossa To Berlin'?
PaulWRoberts

Post by PaulWRoberts »

So glad to see this partnership!
Arianne

Post by Arianne »

I'd also like to know if you're getting rid of the e-licencing. I ended up dropping the game originally due to nightmarish installation issues.
elxaime

Post by elxaime »

For PBEM, some questions.

1. Is this done via the Slitherine servers as in, for example, Field of Glory Empires? This is a very convenient system, as it automatically emails players when the turn is ready.

2. How many can participate in PBEM? Is it just 1 v 1? Or can more people play, assigning people to different commands?

Thanks in advance.
JVJ
Surtur

Post by Surtur »

ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw

As I previously posted, still unanswered, will the silly e-licence be removed?

We are working on getting the build to install with our standard installer.
boudi

Post by boudi »

This e-licence was very unfair. I was a Combat Mission player since CMBO. I discovered this e-licence with Strategic Command [:(], and then i never bought a Battlefront game. I was so happy when Fury Software rallied Slitherine with the Strategic Command serie.
gkersh

Post by gkersh »

I've just recently rediscovered Battlefront and Combat Mission games. I bought Command Mission games about 20 years ago. Then I lost track of them, so yeah, their marketing was pretty much zero. I have had a blast with the new combat mission games. Shock Force 2 is awesome and worth every penny. I wasn't about to pay that much but they have demos for all their games. After trying them I had no problems laying down the $$$ for such a good war game. It has PBEM, WeGo, and RTS modes. WeGo is turn based in which both players take their turn at the same time and then the game progresses 60 seconds with the orders you gave your troops.

I had zero problems with licensing so I'm guessing they got those problems fixed.

They are very, VERY conservative. They teamed with Slitherine/Matrix for a deal to supply their game to the UK's Ministry of Defence. Now they are going to test Shock Force 2 with Slitherine/Steam. We all know its going to be a big hit, but they are VERY conservative (if I didn't mention that).

There are PBEM managers that are community based that work great! Cheating really isn't possible with this game mechanic since you send your orders and don't know what happened until you get back your next turn.

If Shock Force 2 goes well (which I know it will) then they will release their other games on Steam/Slitherine. As far as that schedule goes, they are VERY conservative so... yeah. It will happen in my opinion but could be slower than we gamers are used to.

My favorite game is Combat Mission Black Sea since it has the latest technology included in its OOB. Shock Force 2 is set around 2008 I believe and is also awesome. Their WWII that I have, have all been great.

Again, I love sales, but I am willing to pay full price to support a game developer that is putting out a game that is really fun. Its not like wargames have the same customer base as Angry Birds... So if Shock Force 2 is your cup of tea, and you have the means, don't be afraid to support 'em.

There is a Shock Force 2 Demo to wet your appetite and hold you over until release on Steam/Matrix/Slitherine. I don't know if I should post links to other software companies. Someone from Matrix can prolly get you going if that is something they want to do.

EDIT: Is Matrix going to make the Demos available from their website?
gkersh

Post by gkersh »

ORIGINAL: elxaime

For PBEM, some questions.

1. Is this done via the Slitherine servers as in, for example, Field of Glory Empires? This is a very convenient system, as it automatically emails players when the turn is ready.

2. How many can participate in PBEM? Is it just 1 v 1? Or can more people play, assigning people to different commands?

Thanks in advance.
#1 There are great PBEM managers that are community created. I'm using "Who's Turn is It?" that utilizes a free dropbox shared directory. Works great tracking games and moving files around automagically.

#2 Combat Mission is two player only.

WeGo is a 3rd option that not too many other games have that is worth looking into for simultaneous turn based play.
c3k

Post by c3k »

This is great news. Glad to see this happen!
chris_merchant

Post by chris_merchant »

This is great news. Glad to see this happen!

gosh, what a surprise!
MOS96B2P

Post by MOS96B2P »

CMSF2 USMC hit the beach.

JWW

Post by JWW »

gkersh, thanks for mentioning the demo. I don't usually go for realtime games, but considering the subject matter and what I've read about the game, and the WEGO option, I'm going to try the demo and see what I think.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

I downloaded the demo earlier this afternoon an have tweaked the options to get it to look and run nicely on my setup. The mouse movement is still a little too fast. but not so bad that I can't live live with it.

CM sure has come a long way from CMBO/CMBB/CMAK! I'm still getting waxed in the tutorial, with a rather graphic ending to one of my vehicles and passengers, all experiencing a very bad day!
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
WayneBGood

Post by WayneBGood »

I have 2 DLCs NATO and Marines, I don't know how to acquire these from Battlefront and then move them to Steam.
uuikobake

Post by uuikobake »

Life is a journey, you don’t care about the destination, you care about the scenery along the way and the mood of seeing the scenery.

Return to “Combat Mission Shock Force 2”