Join the first tournament for Combat Mission Shock Force 2. Due to this being the first one, we are classifying this as ‘Beta Tournament’, so please bear with us if there are any issues and contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the tournament here.
This Tournament will feature 3 rounds with 3 different scenarios:
- Round 1: Matrix Tournament #1: A 25 minute battle of a US patrol against a Syrian ambush.
- Round 2: Ambush in al Fubar: A 50 minute battle. Stryker platoon is stopped by an ambush. Rescue is on its way, but will it be too late?.
- Round 3: Wadi Scouts: A 45 minute battle. Stryker cavalry unit is tasked with scouting out defenses along a Wadi.
- Because of the way that Combat Mission’s original “play by email” system works, both game files have an in-game field for password protection of the file. This field should be left blank. For the US side the password has been selected before the battles were sent and that field is to be left blank. You can use a password for the Russian side but it isn’t needed because the Tournament feature handles protection from cheating without using the in game system.
- The Tournament will have you playing 2 individual battles where you are playing both sides of the same battle. If you get into the game before your opponent, you will see 1 game turn to play. If your opponent has gotten there first then you will see 2 turn files and each turn thereafter should have 2 files.
- Once a tournament begins you will receive the files in the "Saved Game and PBEM" drop menu under Automated PBEM++ In Progress. You will receive email notifications when your opponent has sent you turns.
- You will need a Matrix user name and password to play any tournament (or PBEM++ battle). If you don't have one already you can get one here.