Forward Observer shot

Combat Mission Black Sea is a military grade simulation depicting a fictional series of escalations between Russian and Ukraine which results in open conflict in the summer of 2017
Jagger2002

Forward Observer shot

Post by Jagger2002 »

Ok, I started a long artillery mission on a line of houses I want to assault at the start of the game. Then I snuck up the artillery forward observer on top of a ridgeline such that he could shift fires when it was time for the assault to go in. Unfortunately, the FO was spotted and then promptly shot. So now I have a long term artillery mission which I would like to either cancel or shift forward but I can't get access to the battery now with the FO out of the picture. Is there any way to get some other observer or leader to access the battery and shut the artillery mission down as the assault is now ready to go in? Or am I stuck waiting until the long term artillery mission runs its course and ends-which appears to be 7 more minutes?
OldSarge

RE: Forward Observer shot

Post by OldSarge »

See here at the BFC Forums: Curse of the KIA Spotter

My own experience is that at some point the battery will realize nobody on the other end is responding and automatically cease fire. It may take a turn or two.

HTH

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Ummm...that is not good. Hopefully battlefront is working on a fix. Although maybe the fix is the battery will auto cease firing at some point. Although I just mounted everybody up and drove through the barrage. No problem from the artillery but on the other side I started losing MTLBs to RPGs. That is not good either.
KungPao

Post by KungPao »

I am in a CMFI game right now. My FO ordered a pre-planned arty mission at maximum duration , and then he became the first casualty of the battle. And then you cannot cancel or adjust the fire mission. I thought I am going to spend all ammo on pre-planned target, but four minutes later the arty stopped.
Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

4 turns can be a lot of ammo.
KungPao

Post by KungPao »

Indeed
Sir? Do you want to order a Kung Pao Chicken or a Kung Fu Chicken?

Return to “Combat Mission Black Sea”