Text artifacting

Combat Mission Black Sea is a military grade simulation depicting a fictional series of escalations between Russian and Ukraine which results in open conflict in the summer of 2017
TotenKrol

Text artifacting

Post by TotenKrol »

All the text in the game has artifact issues (little squares around the letters or missing from the letters). While it's still legible enough to read it's not exactly a pleasant experience. I played around with the resolutions hoping it would change things but no effect.

System specs, although I don't believe any of this would be affecting the fonts:

Intel Core i5-7300
GTX 1050 TI 4GB vram
8GB RAM
Running 1920x1080

Thanks!

guanotwozero

RE: Text artifacting

Post by guanotwozero »

ORIGINAL: TotenKrol

All the text in the game has artifact issues (little squares around the letters or missing from the letters). While it's still legible enough to read it's not exactly a pleasant experience...
Are you, by any chance, using Intel integrated graphics e.g. on a laptop? There's a known issue with such cards. I get such effects on my laptop but not on my desktop PC.
TotenKrol

RE: Text artifacting

Post by TotenKrol »

Thanks, that was the issue! Yeah, my laptop has both a dedicated video card and integrated graphics and it wasn't using the dedicated card. It is now. Besides readable text overall performance is now decent (and my cooling system isn't roaring like a 747).

Return to “Combat Mission Black Sea”