Disappearing Cursor

Combat Mission Black Sea is a military grade simulation depicting a fictional series of escalations between Russian and Ukraine which results in open conflict in the summer of 2017
ArmyEsq

Disappearing Cursor

Post by ArmyEsq »

Good afternoon, Gentlemen.

I just purchased CMBS from Matrix Games. I installed the program and there

were no issues. Then when I installed the BS Battle Pack, my cursor

disappeared.

Can you help me, please?

I had a similar problem with my CMBN, CMSF and CMRT. These were fixed (if

I remember correctly) when I directed the system to run the programs for

Windows XP (Service Pack 3), but that was not helpful for CMBS, and that was on purchases through Battlefront, not Matrix.

Please help.

Thank you.

Very respectfully,

Gonzalo

TableTop66

RE: Disappearing Cursor

Post by TableTop66 »

Hi Gonzalo seems a bit strange that the mouse problem is after installing the battle pack, if you have Windows 10, try some of the folowing -

Control Panel - Devices - Mouse - Additional Mouse options -

Pointers tab - Windows Default (Sytem Scheme) and Customize - Normal Select - Uncheck "Enable pointer Shadow" if enabled - Click use Default - OK
Pointers Options tab- uncheck the following if enabled box “display pointer trails” and "Hide pointer while typing checkbox under Visibility section.
Hardwrae Tab - check device Status

Next the following but one at a time -

1: Right-click on the shortcut for CMBS - Properties - Compatibility' tab - Settings - checkmark "Disable visual themes".
(Note: Disable visual themes tells Windows to not use the Aero glass or the Desktop Window Manager while the program is running which is usefull on some older programs)

2: Right-click on the shortcut for CMBS - Properties - Compatibility' tab - Settings - checkmark "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

If the above two don't work, restore to how they were.

Try Right Click Desktop - personalize - Windows 7 Basic Theme

Check graphics card drivers and mouse drivers with mouse drivers through Device Manager.

Cheer
James

Return to “Combat Mission Black Sea”