Problems w/ Close Combat on Win 10

Post bug reports and ask for help with technical issues here.
AGMetal

Problems w/ Close Combat on Win 10

Post by AGMetal »

I recently downloaded two Close Combat Games, Longest Day and Wacth am Rheim. Both of them will open but it is off-centered and strangely colored pink/green and essentially impossible to use. I downloaded the 15 patch from the official website but doesn't seem to help.

Attachments
IMG_4598.jpg
IMG_4598.jpg (124.03 KiB) Viewed 818 times
Tejszd

RE: Problems w/ Close Combat on Win 10

Post by Tejszd »

Unfortunately Matrix has not addressed the issue since it first appeared under Windows 8.x and you can only run the game in a window now. See the following forum thread; tm.asp?m=3789948
AGMetal

Post by AGMetal »

Thank you very much for the response! Any tips on how to open in windowed mode?[&:]

I started playing in the late 1990s on the original and want to get back into it but am not a computer techy.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Press the ctrl key when starting to have the config options menu appear
vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

You will love the improved cc games Matrix did, if you liked the old one.
IbocC64

Post by IbocC64 »

I Found a solution on my new Windows 10 installation. Haven't seen any other posts so I will go ahead and let you all know what I found. I got mine in to windowed mode, then after it was in windowed mode I shifted it to the resolution that exactly matched my monitors preferred resolution. In this case it was "1920x1080, 16bpp, 60hz". Then I restarted. Its basically a docked window. The only "downside" is you get to see the start button and task bar the whole game, but the game is otherwise totally full screen with no frames. I think if I hide the taskbar it will be the same as before. You just cant use a lower resolution than your desktop and monitor's native resolution as far as I can tell so far. I would post a screen shot but I don't seem to have an option for that. I'm 100% happy with this.

Return to “Tech Support”