Game Updates

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Wacht am Rhein remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign including a new strategic map with 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps, over 70 scenarios, tons of new interface and unit graphics, countless engine improvements, and much more!
WHATEVERDUDELEMMEINALREADY

Game Updates

Post by WHATEVERDUDELEMMEINALREADY »

I don't get it...why download a game then download an update -- shouldn't the latest version of the game be what's offered for download???
Platoon_Michael

RE: Game Updates

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Its almost comical to see how Matrix continuously has by passed this game with any type of real update.
Look at the last patch.
I say Almost comical because I spent 50 Fucking Dollars on this....as did you.

I had to spend countless of hours Modifying the game to make it enjoyable.

They didn't fix any of the errors that have been posted since the game came out.THATS A FACT!

Except when you consider it was made by Amateurs who had no idea how to make a CC game.
And said Amateurs are no longer with Matrix to work on said update.

Why?

Because they DONT PLAY THIS GAME!
They don't know what bugs exists.
They don't care what bugs exist.

They rely on you to show them the errors in the game...and even then they hold the power to decide if its error or not.

They cant even fix the most Obvious errors in the game.....Why?
Cause they don't play it.
They don't know

And they don't care.

I know they don't care cause they cant even read the very forums that have posted said errors.
And if they do read them......They don't care about whats been posted.

Or it the old ....We care...We just don't have time to fix them.

But its OK
They have a NEW CC coming out that wont have any of theses issues.
BTW said game is made by he same said people
Platoon_Michael

Look at the Main Screen error that has been present since day 1.

They dont see it

Or

THEY DONT CARE TO FIX IT.
Look at the last patch for WAR....It couldn't even fix the Main Screen error present since day ONE!
A Fix I made in less than an Hour...

Look at the LOS

They cant create it.
They cant fix it.

Why?

Because they either A) Dont have people who can do it

Or
B) DONT CARE

Or lets go with the tried an true answer which is....there's Nothing Wrong.....Its what we meant it to be...
(Except when you look at CCIV Maps and see differently)See what was made properly...see what was made professionally.

I'll get the answer that this is WAR NOT CCIV this game is different.This game isn't meant to be like CCIV even though we sold it to you on the Merits that were CCIV.

LOOK AT THE FUCKING LOS!
Its WHACKED!

And based on what Ive seen since purchasing WAR

I'm going with don't care.

Oh sure well get a response.

But you wont get a patch.

Its like being fucked out of $50 but have no way shape or form of being able to retrieve said $50

How does one protect themselves from the Internet from company's who fuck you day in and day out.

Who do I have to report this to?
Is there anyone?
Or is it just my stupidity by buying the game?

Is there an Angie's List for the Internet?
Cause these Mother Fuckers sure as hell belong on it.

6 times over.
Platoon_Michael

Don't believe me?

Play the map Recht.

Then go play the map Baugnez from CCIV
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: WHATEVERDUDELEMMEINALREADY
I don't get it...why download a game then download an update -- shouldn't the latest version of the game be what's offered for download???

The game was released about five years ago, and the most recent official update was just released in February of this year. I assume that will get rolled into the product build at some point (I do not handle that end of things) but until that happens you will need to download the latest update, yes.

Steve
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: Platoon_Michael
They didn't fix any of the errors that have been posted since the game came out.THATS A FACT!

Hi Michael,

There have been many updates to Wacht am Rhein over the five years since it's release, and many errors and bugs were fixed. To say "They did not fix any of the errors..." is simply not true.

I have always welcomed your feedback and in fact a number of the fixes and changes that have been made over the years are a direct result of your efforts. So you know that things have been changed and fixes have been made.

Thanks,

Steve

Platoon_Michael

Anyone here using Windows 10?
Experiencing crashes?
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

No crashes here.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

ORIGINAL: WHATEVERDUDELEMMEINALREADY

Matrix doesn't seem to update the initial full version of their games that people download....

Return to “Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein”