Mystery Losses?

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Wacht am Rhein remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign including a new strategic map with 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps, over 70 scenarios, tons of new interface and unit graphics, countless engine improvements, and much more!
Gaius_Calvus

Mystery Losses?

Post by Gaius_Calvus »

Apologies if this question has been asked previously, but in between strategic turns many of my BGs seem to lose combat power for no reason.

In several instances, I will fight a battle and then note my losses. When the next turn (perhaps it's the next day) rolls around, that BG has lost combat power from the ACTIVE force, not the totals in the force pool.

I believe I understand how the force pools (for the Germans at least) get smaller as the Campaign progresses; what I don't understand is why I will lose 1-2 tanks and a couple of infantry teams from the active force from one turn to the next?

Please advise, and thanks.

Andrew Williams

RE: Mystery Losses?

Post by Andrew Williams »

any injuries taken for those teams?
ImageImage
Gaius_Calvus

Post by Gaius_Calvus »

No -- they just disappear. No injuries.

I "name" all of the teams in my active force pool, and "new teams" with generic names take the place of "veteran" teams in between turns.

Very frustrating.
Andrew Williams

Are you using the latest update?
ImageImage
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

Gaius_Calvus any specific information you can provide will help to find out what the explanation is. Which campaign, settings, what the BG status is (in supply or not), etc. First as Andrew asked we need to verify that you're using the most current version of the game. I'd add that we need you to verify that the campaign you're playing was started after updating your game and not a campaign that's continued from a previous version of the game. Also if you've done any modding or have had any mods installed at any time.
Gaius_Calvus

Post by Gaius_Calvus »

As far as I know, I am playing the latest version. I received the game about 2 weeks ago, and when I identified the problem I attempted to check for an update and was told by the software that no updates are available (although this feature did not seem to work correctly).

I am playing the 25-day Grand Campaign as the Germans (Germans at Recruit/US at Line); BGs are all in supply. No mods installed.
RD Oddball

Post by RD Oddball »

Okay thanks Gaius_Callvus. If you purchased it 2 weeks ago you probably do have the current version. There were some issues with the Matrix download section but I think it was longer ago than that and they've since fixed it. No mods are installed but was wondering if you'd ever installed any at any point? Sometimes in the past I've seen user mods that don't have the uninstall function created correctly which leaves behind artifacts that mess up the original game.

I'm trying to see what's different about your installation that's different from everyone else's since this is the first time this has been reported. If you could attach the saved game file from the GC you are playing that will probably help as well. Thanks!
Andrew Williams

Gaius_Calvus has now disappeared... is there a fix for this before all players disappear?
ImageImage
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein”