difficulty

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.
antigonos2

difficulty

Post by antigonos2 »

I used to play CC Normandy some years ago. Unfortunately I lost the game but now I am thinking about getting The longest day.
I remember that CC Normandy was great fun but too easy to play (with Germans and allies) and I never really struggled to beat the AI.
Did this somehow change? Is it also possible to play the Germans side now? Or is the Allied side still the only (albeit small) challenge?

cheers,

antigonos
tgierut

RE: difficulty

Post by tgierut »

They did improve the AI but I always felt that the best play is online against a human opponent. They are porting mods over to this version, so you will have allot of choices for gameplay....Great game to pick up.

Cheers.
tigercub

Post by tigercub »

If you like wargames and like to think...its one of the best games ever made been playing it 14 years now...off and on and still holds my interest...i dont play the AI.

Tigercub!
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life
Peterk1

Post by Peterk1 »

I don't know if the original poster is still around, but yes you can get a good game against the AI. You will almost certainly win, but it will give you some/lot of fun fights. The grand campaign is a thing of beauty.

The big appeal of playing the AI, is that you'll be able to play the Grand Campaign in a reasonable amount of time. I've been shying away from head-to-head because I really do want to play campaigns and I not too confident that they are completable. Plus the German is a bit of a punching bag on a lot of maps early on. Must be a tough personal morale check to pass.
duncan007

Post by duncan007 »

About AI difficulty, i read in the manual that green level of a side means more troops with more experience.
Does it mean if i want a german ai player strong i have to put the german slide on green ?

Thanks for your help.
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Yes

Hardest game will be AI on Green - Human on Elite
ImageImage
duncan007

Post by duncan007 »

Thanks.
[&o]