Lost my saved games

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.
SteveMcClaire

RE: Lost my saved games

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Siebenkaes,

Microsoft removed support from DirectX for certain full screen video modes used in the older versions of Close Combat. Please see this thread for details on how to configure the games for Windows 10: tm.asp?m=4190969

Steve
ayadazzi

Post by ayadazzi »

Hi Steve,

I bought CCTLD digital & physical upgrade in Dec 2017- so I must have the latest version an no prior ones installed on my PC, yet I encountered yesterday the same issue reported above:
Lost my saved file after playing several days the Grand Campaign.
Is there a way this could be fixed? Will this occur again if I start a new grand campaign?
It would be really frustrating not to be able to finish the game.

Thanks,
Ayad
ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

ORIGINAL: RichM
Any news on this? I really liked the game, but I want to be able to finish without crashing.

As stated above, the fix for the original issue reported in this thread was made some years ago.

If you are using the latest update to The Longest Day and still encountering an issue with a crash and loss of saved game file, it's being caused by something different than the original bug. Here are some steps I'd recommend to try and narrow down the problem:

1) Re-install the game from scratch and verify / install the latest update.

2) Do not install any mods for the game.

3) Start a brand new campaign / operation using the re-installed game. Trying to continue play on a saved game from an earlier version may still crash if the file itself was corrupted.

If it's still occurring please report as much information as you can about what campaign/operation you were playing and anything noteworthy about the battle you were playing. I will make a note to re-investigate this issue next time work on The Longest Day is on the table.

Thanks,

Steve
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

ORIGINAL: ayadazzi
I bought CCTLD digital & physical upgrade in Dec 2017- so I must have the latest version an no prior ones installed on my PC, yet I encountered yesterday the same issue reported above:
Lost my saved file after playing several days the Grand Campaign.
Is there a way this could be fixed? Will this occur again if I start a new grand campaign?
It would be really frustrating not to be able to finish the game.
Dont think either the digital download or the physical copy incorporates the latest patch. If you dont see Version 5.50.14b on the lower right of the Main screen you should install that patch.

Also, saving your game file under a different file name between battles (eg. Battle1, Battle2, Battle3 etc). This potentially allows you to backtrack from a corrupted save to previous point in a campaign where you can avoid whatever caused the corruption. Its not an ideal solution but better than having to start a campaign over from the beginning again.

Attachments
TLD.jpg
TLD.jpg (6.09 KiB) Viewed 418 times
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Always has puzzled me why they do not bother updating the initial version you get when you buy it months/years after release....

Return to “Tech Support”