Plugin Installation

Please post here for questions and discussion about general game modding.
berndn

Plugin Installation

Post by berndn »

With CoI there's a registry key called HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\CSO Simtek\Close Combat\IIIr Installed to with the path to the COI directory.
It's easy to query this registry value with something like Inno Setup and use it as a default value when prompting the user for the plugin directory. It would help a lot if plugins and/or mappacks would use this value as the default value for the plugin directory and for sure allow the user to choose another path but for the unexperienced computer user it would make things easier :)

If someone wants an example for Inno Setup I could post it here. It's just something I noticed.

Between, thanks for the Mods [&o]
berndn

RE: Plugin Installation

Post by berndn »

OK, I have done some little basic script for Mods and maybe you like it. It needs Inno QuickStart Pack to compile the Mod Installer.

Here's a link for download as it's not allowed to attach zip files (only 120Kb): http://rapidshare.com/files/110775170/C ... t.zip.html

The Readme is attached.

I noticed how difficult it is to download files from rapidshare so I uploaded to another host. You can get it here: http://gem.ebi-service.de/extern/COIModsCreate.zip

The difference to the original is that this download is around 900 KB big and that it should run without installing Inno. All files to compile the mod installer package are included.

And I created a batch file (CreateMod.cmd) which you need to run after adjusting ModSpecs.ini and putting in your mod pln file into the source directory.

If there would be interest I could create a delphi application which would check/edit the ModSpecs.ini file.
Attachments
Readme.txt
(806 Bytes) Downloaded 14 times
berndn

RE: Plugin Installation

Post by berndn »

I have added a batch file and the needed Inno files to the second download so all you need is to download the zip file, adjust the settings and run the batch command to create a Mod file.

Return to “Cross of Iron Modding”