Contour lines mod

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.
SchnelleMeyer

Contour lines mod

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

After enjoying increased ability to read the terrain with my contour mods for PIFT and GtC I decided to make a contour add-on for CCMT maps as well.

What will this mod do?

This mod will add map elevation contours to all CCMT overview maps (OVM). This allows a better terrain appreciation and tactical use.

What will you see ingame?

25 of the stock CCMT maps will show contour lines on the overview maps.
Only Ghazwah map is totally flat and will not show any contours.

The following 17 maps has 0,5m contour intervals - that is - each line represent 0,5m of elevation change.

BosCity
Centralian1
Centralian2
Centralian3
Centralian4
Desert1
Desert3
Montanyan1
Montanyan2
Montanyan3
Montanyan5
Rural1
Rural2
Rural4
TheBase
Town1
Town3

- The following 9 maps has rather large elevation differences and has 1m contour intervals to avoid cluttering.

Afrique1
Afrique2
Deliverance
Desert2
NATOMountain
Rumjun
Rural3
Urbania
Varamesmil

I think this mod will give you a bit of an edge when playing H2H if your opponent does not have it installed, so its fair to tell your opponent that you have this mod installed before commencing play;)

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/goyno0vms ... d.zip/file

Hope you enjoy the mod!

Attachments
Rural2.jpg
Rural2.jpg (484.5 KiB) Viewed 530 times
SchnelleMeyer

RE: Contour lines mod

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Ingame example

Attachments
NATOMountain.jpg
NATOMountain.jpg (410.95 KiB) Viewed 530 times
SchnelleMeyer

RE: Contour lines mod

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Banner

Attachments
Banner.jpg
Banner.jpg (59.09 KiB) Viewed 530 times
welk

The "making off"

Post by welk »

and if you want to know the secrets of the OVM Master, there are explained here with a little guide he has made 8-) ;)

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/mo ... ic&t=11706

The guide of SchnelleMeyer to create OVM maps is attached to the concerned thread in txt format

Content of the txt guide is that (in case your download does not work) :

How I make contour lines.

PREP:

1. You need the 5CC program made by Mafi. Can be downloaded from here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/mo ... ads&cid=76

2. You need some kind of photoediting software like Photoshop or Gimp (Free).

When the above are installed and ready its time to export all heightmaps and .ovms from the maps.

1. Export all your CC-maps heightmaps and .OVMs in this way:

a) Open the map in 5CC - File-Open-mapname.txt file.

b) This step is optional but you can do it if you want trees on your .OVMs : File - Generate OVM from BGM and tree image overlay.

c)File - Export - Export OVM - Export overview as 16-bit targa.

d) File - Export - Export elevation greyscale as "elevation picture". This will out put a .bmp. - I think 5CC has a bug when outputing elevation maps as .tga at least it didnt do it correctly when I tried with PITF.

Then its on to the photoediting software of your choice:

1. Open a heightmap

2. In Photoshop Image - Adjustments - POSTERIZE - for an equidistance of 0,5m choose the max value of 255, for 1m equidistance choose a value of 128.
- I used 1m for maps with significant height differences and 0,5m for maps with more minute changes.

3. Filter - Stylize - find edges

4. select the layer contents by Ctr+left clicking on the layer - Edit - Fill - select the colour you like your contour lines to be. (Might have to use fill command twice.

Inverse selection - delete (Also might have to delete twice)

- You should now have a layer with just the contour lines on an alfa layer.

5. Open the corresponding OVM file. Use the "PLACE" command in photoshop or just paste the contour lines layer on top and adjust the size to fit the OVM. Optional - adjust the layer opacity for the contour lines to your liking.

6. Save the completed image as 16 bit .tga.

7. In 5CC open the corresponding map again. FILE - IMPORT - IMPORT overview as 16 bit targa. SAVE the finished map to a seperate folder not to overwrite your original map.

Probably seems a lot of work, but all work in photoshop can be set up as an action that will allow PS to batch edit your heightmaps. I will not describe it here but there should be good tutorials on Youtube etc..
Most of the time is exporting and importing files from 5CC.

Best of luck - SchnelleMeyer

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”