Armor values?

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.
SchnelleMeyer

Armor values?

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

I am trying to understand these values in the workbook:
"Turret Armor Front Low"; "Turret Armor Front Med"; "Turret Armor Front High"

1. Does these values relate to the actual armor in those positions on, in this case, the turret? or is it reflecting a lowest to highest armor thickness?

2. To adjust these settings most realisticly should I use the effective armour value of the angled plates and add for components like running gear etc, or is it the base armour plate thickness regardless of angle?

Thanks for any input.
SchnelleMeyer

RE: Armor values?

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Found an answer at CSO page:

Senior Drill:
"The "High", "Medium" and "Low" refer to the angle of incidence of an incoming round. "High" is coming from an angle above 30 degrees elevation. "Medium is between 30 degrees elevation and 30 degrees below horizontal. "Low is less than 30 degrees below the target elevation.

The figures reflect the calucation of the effective thickness of a tank's armor and it's penetration protection."

Shabe:
"I did a quick test - made one tank's armor (both hull and turret) to 511 for all sides and angles, exept "front side med" wich i set to 1. The result was that i was able to hurt the tank only from ~45 degrees from its front. Also tryed with seting "side med" to 1 while all other 511 and then i needed angle of ~90 degrees from the side of the tank to kill it. In another test i set all but "side low" and "side high" to 1 and i was unable to kill the tank from any range or angle (the map was flat, so i was unable to try firing from height) but this only mean that the engine acaunts both vertical and lateral angles."
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Yes, that is correct (Low, Medium, High are vertical angle). Also the lateral angle is handled by the different columns in the vehicles data file (front, front-side, side, etc).

Steve
SchnelleMeyer

Post by SchnelleMeyer »

Thank you for the quick and confirming answer Steve.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”