Airport Hijack: Gary vs. the AI

Share reports of your greatest triumphs and most humiliating defeats here.
GaryChildress

RE: Airport Hijack: Gary vs. the AI

Post by GaryChildress »

Nothing to do now but clean up...

Attachments
17.jpg
17.jpg (181.46 KiB) Viewed 209 times
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

RESULT:

Total Army Victory

SCORE:

Army: 0 casualties
Opfor: 2 vehicles destroyed.; 26 dead, wounded, deserted, or surrendered.

CONCLUSIONS:

The AGL is just too powerful for the scenario. It's almost a miracle weapon on the battlefield. I have to wonder if this is an accurate representation of the AGL's abilities or not.

I never even needed to use the Army's rotary A/C strike. That can surely be taken out of the battle.

The mortar strike for the Opfor is way too inaccurate to be of any use. It would probably make more sense just to add a 60mm mortar team to the Opfor OOB.

One RPG team isn't enough. Having knocked out the RPG team early in the battle, that gave my special ops verhicles open range on the battlefield with nothing on the part of the Opfor to counter them.

The Opfor could probably stand using another team or two in order to occupy more of the victory locations. The ability of my teams to infiltrate the Main Terminal without incident gave my troops a large tactical advantage in establishing a foothold on the airstrip.

lstp04

Post by lstp04 »

Excellent AAR - Thank you -

I'm still waiting to get my new computer all set up and running - When I do, plan to install and get going with CCMT....first thing. Doing some editing / tweaking / adding on to the Workbook even now (before installing).

I think this looks like a quite fine little mission - That there were no casulties doesn't necessary mean it isn't balanced.
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

You're most welcome. I'm glad you liked it. [:)] It was actually a LOT of fun to fight the battle. Only with hindsight do I think maybe I need to add a little more firepower to Opfor. I'm going to experiment with taking the AGL out of the battle and see how things pan out.

Alternatively I may just make two scenarios. The original one as played here might not be bad if played against a human opponent instead of the AI. Then I'll create a scenario more taylored for fighthing the AI where the Opfor are a little stronger.

Good luck with your computer. Is it a homebuilt machine? [:)]
lstp04

Post by lstp04 »

Well, thanks again for this AAR - Well done - And the mission itself seems very well layed out -

Question? Is night-time modeled in CCMT? (I haven't thought about this until now).
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

ORIGINAL: lstp04

Well, thanks again for this AAR - Well done - And the mission itself seems very well layed out -

Question? Is night-time modeled in CCMT? (I haven't thought about this until now).

No. Night-time isn't modeled. All action takes place in the day. Most all stock scenarios have a 20-40 minute time limit on them, however, if you design your own you can make the time "unlimited". The force pool is "open" on most scenarios, meaning you can choose your forces. Again, if you make your own scenario you can "lock" the force pool so that the player can only use what is provided. Your infantry can mount vehicles and ride in them. Buidlings can for the most part only be entered and fired out of through windows and doors.
lstp04

Post by lstp04 »

Darn - Modeling night time would be a nice addition to CCMT -

Still, really like the overall layout and design of how CCMT seems to play / sim - Look forward to getting up and running -
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

The AGL is just too powerful for the scenario. It's almost a miracle weapon on the battlefield. I have to wonder if this is an accurate representation of the AGL's abilities or not.
That's because most of weapons are horribly overpowered and have statistics from out of cosmos XD .

Luckily, I'm working on a mod that will fix it a bit[:)].

BTW
Nice report[:)].

Shrecken posted something about CCMT 2 on CCS with screen which looks a bit like screens from CCMAT.
Maybe it's going to have day/night modelling, like CCMAT has...
lstp04

Post by lstp04 »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo
ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

That's because most of weapons are horribly overpowered and have statistics from out of cosmos XD .

Luckily, I'm working on a mod that will fix it a bit[:)].

BTW
Nice report[:)].

Shrecken posted something about CCMT 2 on CCS with screen which looks a bit like screens from CCMAT.
Maybe it's going to have day/night modelling, like CCMAT has...

Let me know when this mod is out - I will be interested - Thanks - (is there any chance you can email a copy of your edits - which weapon systems you are editing / values...and what you are changing them to - I'm doing my own tweaking / adding of units.....and if possible I would just like to input those adjustments you have made....into my own mod....instead of maybe copying your full mod over mine).

Thanks again...

Return to “After Action Reports”