SaveGameEditor LSA

Post new mods and scenarios here.
berndn

SaveGameEditor LSA

Post by berndn »

Inspired by the hex editing stuff I started on a simple editor. I have added what I can do without problems but now I would need some information about the next hex structures. To be honest I would like to include a tab which shows current strat map and which BGs are on what map in the next step but would maybe even go further and deeper.

Any bugs or ideas or information, please post here. A big thanks for vonB!
Just download, extract and run.

PS: This program needs the DOTNET 4 runtimes so the only supported OS are:

Windows XP SP3
Windows Server 2003 SP2
Windows Vista SP1 or later
Windows Server 2008
Windows 7
Windows Server 2008 R2

You can get the Framework from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
If you need a different language just select the appropiate one on the Microsoft page.

Thanks a lot guys!
Attachments
SaveGameEditor0003.zip
(495.4 KiB) Downloaded 197 times
xe5

RE: SaveGameEditor LSA

Post by xe5 »

Muchas gracias. As for the hex structure of the save files, somebody needs to put our willing tool maker berndn in touch with the lead programmer, Steve 'The Blood' McClaire.
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Just used SGE on a WaR savegame - 10 second rule now applies
ImageImage
xe5

Post by xe5 »

Useful to test things without having to actually play thru the battles.
Andrew Williams

yep, just did a 3 day test run on a Bloody Omaha patch upgrade for WaR - very nice!
ImageImage
berndn

Post by berndn »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

Just used SGE on a WaR savegame - 10 second rule now applies

Nice to hear Andrew. But I'm sure it only works as long as there's no dynamic data in it. The first bytes which I have used and which gave me around 53 unknown entries in the header, should be fine on the CC5 renewed stuff. Maybe even on CC5 but I use only the re-releases.
Andrew Williams

I'll test it further with the options available now...   :)
ImageImage
xe5

Post by xe5 »

When Sgt Wilson wrote his save editor, CCReq, to avoid having to figure out how offset addresses were changed by dynamic data, he used a 2 map/2 BG operation save file as a template. Then he allowed the user to change the data for those BGs (teams, soldiers, weapons etc) and the map, deploy, and VL data (change to any map and any deploy/VL configuration).

Of course this was back in the day when Atomic saw the save file structure as proprietary info. What we learned about the save files took enormous effort analyzing it with a hex editor. Rumor has it that Matrix & S3T are more mod friendly and might be more forthcoming about the secrets of the save file :)
berndn

Post by berndn »

I'm sure that the data is stored as records and while I'm just enjoying playing LSA I will wait until the guys have time and maybe give me some more information. But like you said in another thread here it's more likely that they are trying to solve all those small bugs which is fine by me.

There's so much stuff like using a tab to display the current save game stratmap and doing some GDI/DX graphics :)
But for LSA/TLD/WAR the next thing is to be able to retrieve the DATA\base files and create data objects which needs to be used to be assigned to the save game stuff.

What I may wish is a possibility to open/load a savegame file and then start CC from this and after battle return to the calling program :) Oh, there's so much small stuff ... :)
xe5

Post by xe5 »

Ive always wished for soldier statistics. The Soldiers screen is ok, but once a soldier is KIA/Incap, or his team is de-activated, all of those statistics are gone. Sgt Wilson (CCReq tool) had discussed the possibility of comparing the soldier rosters in current and archived save files from a campaign to track these "unknown soldiers".
berndn

Post by berndn »

Soldier statistics is what I'm looking for too :)
No idea but are the medals accumulated but hidden or are they only temporary displayed and not stored? Same goes for experience and all the stuff.
So much to cover .... :)
xe5

Post by xe5 »

Lots of things are stored. In CC1 there used to be 'skill ratings' with various weapon types (including hand-to-hand combat) at the end of each 148 byte soldier record. Am sure I wrote down the unknown values somewhere many years ago. Will keep looking.

Attachments
Soldierdetails.jpg
Soldierdetails.jpg (311.6 KiB) Viewed 840 times
berndn

Post by berndn »

Keep them coming and I welcome all of those. Started on reading the registry to change Windowed mode/sound/music/videos outside. The whole design will be changing. A big challenge will be adapting it to mods.
As from TLD/WAR I can have a mod directory with only one team file in the mods data directory. But for the moment I'm concentrating creating classes to store all the data and use them.

My hopes are that they carried over some of those stats and accumulate them so that we can have some hero stats available at the end of a campaign [;)]
philip wells

Post by philip wells »

Very slick works brilliantly, well done!
Kanov

Re: SaveGameEditor LSA

Post by Kanov »

bump :D
Hard-core Spectre

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”