Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
poddster

Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom?

Post by poddster »

I haven't played the game since release, but I remember there being a full-screen option.

I saw someone on youtube do a longplay and I fancied replaying, so I've reinstalled it and now it seems like the game only runs in a window. If I choose my desktop screen size then the game runs in a borderless window that looks like full screen.

However what I want to do is choose a smaller resolution and play in that, as full-screen. I want that because I have trouble seeing the CC graphics on my monitor and so I want to zoom it in a bit.

If I can't do lower-res at full-screen, is there anything else I can do? I don't want to go changing my desktop DPI settings just for this game.
p
Tejszd

RE: Is there a fullscreen option, or some kind of zoom?

Post by Tejszd »

Under Options / General make sure Framed Window is not selected and that the screen resolution is set to match your monitor resolution.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

In addition you can use the 'scale UI' and 'scale front end' options to upscale the game UI to 'full screen' size.
poddster

Post by poddster »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Under Options / General make sure Framed Window is not selected and that the screen resolution is set to match your monitor resolution.

As stated in the original message, I don't want to use my monitor resolution. I want to use a smaller resolution, but with a full-screen.

ORIGINAL: SteveMcClaire

In addition you can use the 'scale UI' and 'scale front end' options to upscale the game UI to 'full screen' size.

Whilst I appreciate these options, and understand that Windows 10 removed FSE mode, they don't make the actual combat graphics bigger :( I'd ideally be able to specify the resolution the in-game rendering is done at, and also the resolution of the window.

I was hoping for some config option or something I could manually tweak?

p
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Sorry poddster, guilty of just reading your subject line....

You could lower your desktop resolution before starting CC and use either your monitor or video card drivers/software to expand the image full screen. CC would then be set to match the lower resolution and it would be expanded like the Windows desktop to fill the screen.

SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: poddster
I was hoping for some config option or something I could manually tweak?

Unfortunately scaling the in-battle sprites (soldiers, vehicles, explosions, etc.) isn't possible in the older version of the Close Combat engine used in Last Stand Arnhem.

Return to “Tech Support”