End Of Campaign/Operation

Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem is a highly enhanced new release of Close Combat, using the latest Close Combat engine with many additional improvements. Its design is based on the critically acclaimed Close Combat – A Bridge Too Far, originally developed by Atomic Games, as well as the more recent Close Combat: The Longest Day. This is the most ambitious and most improved of the new Close Combat releases, but along with all the enhancements it retains the same addicting tactical action found in the original titles! Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem comes with expanded force pools, reserve & static battlegroups, a troop point buying system, ferry and assault crossings, destructible bridges, static forces and much more! Also included in this rebuild are 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign!
Tejszd

End Of Campaign/Operation

Post by Tejszd »

Noticed that LSA for campaigns and or operations after the last battle does not save like in WAR/TLD.

Supposedly some like to replay the last battle (over and over...). Myself I prefer the saved data as the last battle will rarely really change the whole campaign or operation and I can compare how I did each time later (without having to fight the last battle to get the results for whole campaign/operation).

What is your preference?

1) save the campaign/operation after the last battle (like TLD/WAR)
2) do not save after the last battle (like LSA)

Renato

RE: End Of Campaign/Operation

Post by Renato »

I prefer 1) save the campaign/operation after the last battle (like TLD/WAR)
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Bump: If more people agree it increases the odds about how future releases will work and may get LSA changed if it receives another patch
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

get something changed now in LSA???? laughable [:D] and a damn shame [:(]
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Looks like you were right Stiener as it's been over a year now since you posted and Matrix hasn't bothered to address the outstanding issues [8|]
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Looks like you were right Stiener as it's been over a year now since you posted and Matrix hasn't bothered to address the outstanding issues [8|]

Gosh, a whole year. Do you really want Steve working on LSA? Matrix supports a lot of great games, and perhaps Steve can be used best elsewhere?
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Yes I would like Matrix/Steve to create a last patch for WAR/TLD and LSA to fix the remaining bugs/issues....

I have played the original Atomic CC games since their release; 1996-2000 and still have CC5 installed today for the mods.
CC1/2 were retired fairly quickly as I liked CC3/4/5 more due to all the enhancements.
CC3 was retired when its mods were converted/moved to COI.
CC4 lasted a while as it had a couple unique mods; Kreta and Winter War but it gave way for CC5 and the huge number of mods made for it.
CC5 is still installed today as not all its mods have been converted/moved to a newer CC but they are slowly being converted as WAR or TLD are a better platform for the mods as CC5 never rec'd a fully tested patch before Atomic shutdown.

So I do believe WAR/TLD offer some improvements in features/stability over CC5 but there are still outstanding issues; tm.asp?m=3387394

LSA has the most features and is my favorite Matrix CC but unfortunately CC5 mods are not easily converted/moved to it. And like WAR/TLD there are still outstanding issues; tm.asp?m=3716292

The above 3 games allow direct H2H play WITHOUT going through the Matrix lobby like PiTF and GtC which seems to be problematic.

If they can not make these re-releases based on the Atomic code almost perfect how can I believe/trust them to make a whole new game and fix/support all the new issues it will have???
CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

1) save the campaign/operation after the last battle (like TLD/WAR)

I too like to see the overall results, and would love to have the ability to easily compare them to past battles, operations and campaigns.
"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
mickxe5

Post by mickxe5 »

My ideal is an auto-save function that archived every battle in an op/camp. Replays of those archived battles would also be scored against the original results as well as a running average. I'd also like an auto-upload for stats so players could compete against each others scores in battles, ops & camps. There should be a repository for player made scenarios. And dammit, if vehicles can navigate autonomously from LA to NY then why cant the game learn to compete with the player ?
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

good comments mickxe5!

Return to “Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem”