Still crashes like old times

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Rosseau

Still crashes like old times

Post by Rosseau »

Right in the middle of a long op with no in-game auto save. The older titles at least are more stable than Panthers and Caen. No offense, but bring in some people who can program this game up to the next level that the series deserves. I'd bet sales would be phenomenal.
zakblood

RE: Still crashes like old times

Post by zakblood »

looking for a tech note on files needs like logs etc, but can't find one to say can you upload it etc [:(]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

how you install the game? default or elsewhere?

won't ask you for patch level as i'd guess you use the latest anyway m8.

start the game from shortcut or game folder?

windows version used etc?

and any saves which can replicate the crash from, i know you said game does no auto saving mid game etc, but did you do any manual ones etc?

so someone can follow on from and see if they can get it to crash also, as if it can be replicated, 9 out of 10 times it can be fixed[:(]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

only ask, as for me most crashes aren't game related and tend to be something else thrown into the mix i've found, while some are bugs, most tend to be some app or program doing something at the same time in the background at the same time the game does something, and they class, find out what the item is, then you have a part solution.

things to check,
windows error reports / depending on system can be called, event viewer in system management
anti virus logs
firewall logs
windows logs
crash reporter logs

stuff to try, run resources manager and performance manager at the same time the game is running and make sure both are set to log

use a good cache cleaning app before hand and like CCleaner run a reg repair tool also, then anything found or fixed or removed after the event will be new logged stuff and not old stuff.

is the pc a clean installed one? or an updated from a older O/S one, it all helps,. the more info the better, not saying it will fix it or help at all, but sometimes something pops up that surprises yourself and you say, yes i know now what it is and how to get round it.

maybe something as simple as running at a high privilege level in windows, or disabling something while your gaming.

hope some or my spam helps[&:]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

last question, i promise, unless you ask something that needs a reply and question back[:D]

steam or site version?

and yes it makes a big different imo

plenty of steam tweaks to get a game working better

Code: Select all

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=706182976

some work better than others, but stop a given error starting in the first place, so a good read for steam games, helped me with a few
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thanks Zak. I just got into a CC kick and installed LSA, TLD, and PitF on my newer Win10 computer. Your guides on getting the older games to work were of extreme help to me. I hope the community in general appreciates all you do on a regular basis.

I even got the nice Heartland 45 mod (LSA) and Kharkov mod (TLD) working nicely. So it irked me to see PitF crash [8|]

If I continue to have a problem, I will post here. I did some modding myself, so could just be me.

zakblood

Post by zakblood »

well if something don't work or happens and maybe shouldn't, post it all the same thanks, then i'll try and see if i can replicate it, and if so, bug report it for the version and or try and find a solution for it, as 2 heads are better than one
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

Hi rosseau -- if you're seeing a crash with the stock version of the game (no mods) it's something we can look at it.

Steve

Return to “Tech Support”