Mortars and MG fire WAY to Accurate....

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
vobbnobb

Mortars and MG fire WAY to Accurate....

Post by vobbnobb »

PITF Feels like mg and mortars take away from the old combat due to accuracy alone. US side is hidden well from both....

Take a look for yourself..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX3He0VGr8s
SteveMcClaire

RE: Mortars and MG fire WAY to Accurate....

Post by SteveMcClaire »

From a quick look at your battle, you've set up your rifle teams in the tall buildings with exposure to most of the enemy setup zone. US rifle teams are not going to win a firepower battle vs. multiple MG42s and 8cm mortars firing with direct Line of Sight.

Ideally you want to set up your teams where they have narrower fields of fire, so when they open fire they are not subject to massive return fire from most of the enemy force. Try using the second row of buildings and setting up your teams so that they are shooting between the buildings in the 'front row' but can cover each others blind spots.

If you do find your men are getting pinned down by multiple MGs, try to pull them back. This isn't always possible or easy, but just sitting in a building that is being targeted by several MG42s is usually worse.

I would also suggest moving your mortars much further to the rear. They won't be any less effective and they'll be much safer.

Steve

CGGrognard

Post by CGGrognard »

Replied to your video on YouTube. In addition to what Steve says, your teams should have a couple of other positions to move and fire from. Shoot and scoot. Once your team opens fire, they expose their position. Once spotted, it's important to move them to another location to hamper the enemy's ability to zero in on your rifle team.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu
vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

An mg-42 team nor a mortar team, is going to see any soldier laying in green arc ambush in a buildings with walls and dark room shadows. If the mortars are this accurate why are they not in the other series and vise versa.

Listen close as you don't hear any mp-40 or k-98 fire as well.
Kanov

Post by Kanov »

I feel you vobbnobb, good thing the game can be modded fairly easy and I have done it to tone done the killing, range and accuracy of small arms. I couldn't stand all that carnage even while in good cover and the long range rifle engagements, sometimes at ranges where a human figure is hardly discernible from another thing.

About the mortars, I do think they should be fairly accurate to compensate their new attributes, namely the need to wait 20 seconds to aim to a new location. One of the new things I do like.
Hard-core Spectre
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

ORIGINAL: vobbnobb
An mg-42 team nor a mortar team, is going to see any soldier laying in green arc ambush in a buildings with walls and dark room shadows. If the mortars are this accurate why are they not in the other series and vise versa.

The AI does remember where it last spotted your teams, and can also notice muzzle flashes from units firing while hidden, just like the player can. The AI may also decide to use mortars to fire at muzzle flashes.

Steve
vobbnobb

Post by vobbnobb »

well if they remember the area I better scoot all directions constantly.

Return to “Tech Support”