Who Uses Trucks?

Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog is the first new release (not a re-make of a previous games) in years in the critically acclaimed Close Combat series. It details the desperate German counter-attack at Mortain, the last chance of the Wehrmacht to stave off defeat in Normandy. Can you match the tenacity of the American defenders of Hill 314? Or can you succeed where the Panzers failed, driving through to the sea and changing history? Improved 32-bit graphics and the ability to control more squads than ever bring the Close Combat engine to a new level.
vobbnobb

RE: Who Uses Trucks?

Post by vobbnobb »

Rolling hedgerows down with the hedge roller on Half-Tracks for tanks like sherman who seem to get immobilized in them, or using the HTs to clear hedgerows for troops so they won't be as winded moving to places.
Troger

Post by Troger »

ORIGINAL: TIK
On the subject of trucks, if we got a free truck or two in each battle in addition to the usual units, they would be useful. It's only because they take up a valuable unit slot that they're not efficient.

This would be ideal. Two or three extra slots strictly reserved for transport vehicles. I don't often use trucks but I have picked up half-tracks primarily for the intent of transport, and secondly for their light combat capabilities. I do find the mount/dismount feature useful.

Kanov

Post by Kanov »

The maps are too big now so a halftrack or two are necessary but not at the expense of a valuable unit slot. So I agree with everyone here, specially Troger and TIK in that a couple of slots where you can only choose trucks/cars or transport halftracks would be ideal.

Or you could go an extra step and have a couple of free slots on each of the first two platoons that automatically fill with whatever organic support vehicle/weapon that the platoon have. Like if its a panzergrenadier(gp) it would fill those freeslots with the halftracks it has organic to that specific platoon.
Hard-core Spectre

Return to “Close Combat: Panthers in the Fog”