Avoiding Battle?

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies and ship designs with fellow gamers here.
iggyb

Avoiding Battle?

Post by iggyb »

It's been awhile since I played the game...

If the enemy has overwhelming superiority in units, how can you avoid battle and a sure slaughter? I do not see a time limit on this particular battle screen - so avoiding a fight and waiting isn't going to work.

I see no way to order the troops to retreat to end the battle and move on to the main game screen...
SteveMcClaire

RE: Avoiding Battle?

Post by SteveMcClaire »

In Gateway to Caen you perform an organized retreat by moving your battlegroup on the strategic map. Move the BG away from the enemy and you'll avoid the battle. Alternately you can order you BG to rest, and they will also seek to avoid battle. If the enemy also rests you will not have to fight on that map during the strategic turn. Note that the AI enemy typically only rests when BGs are very tired/disorganized, and mostly at night.

Once you are in a tactical battle you can't 'flee'. But you can offer a truce and avoid contact with the enemy. Depending on the difficulty setting selected the AI will accept a truce after 5-10 minutes without any combat.

Steve
Tejszd

RE: Avoiding Battle?

Post by Tejszd »

Before you start a battle, operation and or campaign you set the individual battle duration/time limit.

Return to “The War Room”